Why become a member? ×

FINISHED! Sei Jazz 4 string build...see new pics on page 5...looks wow...

urb

[quote name='Buzz' post='425096' date='Mar 4 2009, 02:17 PM']That looks really good. Suprised the Sei Bass logo isn't a little bit bigger though, seems tiny and surrounded by the vast amount of light wood.[/quote]

The Sei logo is the same size on all their basses - it is a bit small - but that's their style, as in subtle... I like it myself but maybe I'll ask Mart what the score is with the dimensions - i.e. has he ever done it bigger?

Cheers man

Mike

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='425279' date='Mar 4 2009, 04:50 PM']Basic question I know, but how do you pronounce it?

What does "Sei" rhyme with?[/quote]

"New".

As in pneumatic.

Nah, just joking, "Say"

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='Stuart Clayton' post='428703' date='Mar 8 2009, 05:07 PM']That's a great looking bass-in-progress! Every time I see a new Sei being built I try to convince myself to take the plunge...

Stu[/quote]

Go on Stu - you know you want to...! :)

They really are wonderful instruments - that keep on giving...

Hope you are well - see you around sometime

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all

Just a couple of new pics of the neck now with some beautifully finished frets in - the dots on the side of the fretboard are red LEDs by the way - and the matt finish is silky smooth I can't wait to play this baby - the body will be off to the finihsers on Monday so (any problems notwithstanding) the bass could be ready in roughly three months... I'll obviously keep you posted. No more pics for a while now.

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='steve-soar' post='441989' date='Mar 22 2009, 08:17 PM']Nicely rolled frets and fingerboard edges, this kind of attention to detail is what makes Sei justify their prices.
48 fret ends, all filed and polished to perfection is no joke to achive, I should know.[/quote]

Absolutely, the neck is even better in the flesh, the feel of the finish on the back of the neck is sublime, like you say it's all about the little details that make these basses just a tad classy

M

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='448655' date='Mar 29 2009, 01:24 PM']Is it sad that I am waiting here to see this bass and it's not even mine...? How does that work?[/quote]

I don't know - but hey I just changed from using Elites Players to D'Addario EXLs and have just been playing the hell out of my sigle cut Sei - they are amazing strings and even though the set up is even lighter now (if that was possible) the bass sounds magnificent... so my pangs for my new Sei are certainly being kept at bay. However I am very excited about the new Jazz Sei - it'll be my new jazz/funk machine and I'm really excited about having a 4 string again - so Russ that makes two of us.

You can have a go on it when I get if you like :)

M

• 1 month later...

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='482870' date='May 8 2009, 12:46 PM']There must be an update by now... surely...??[/quote]

Soon come may brother, soon come...!

As soon as the body is back from the polishers it'll be a matter of days for completion - but hey if it's finished in the next month or so that'll still be well within the 12 months of normal build time - I ordered it in September last year so any time in June or July will be great - and it's going to look sick!

M

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='peted' post='499947' date='May 28 2009, 03:24 PM']Can't wait to see the finished article. Good luck getting to sleep for the next few weeks :)[/quote]

Great thing is this has come around a lot quicker than I thought it would - especially compared to the previous build - and I'm so busy with work it'll be a great bonus when she's ready - I'm going to see the lacquered body next week, but I'm not posting any pcs until it's finished.

Cheers

Mike