Why become a member? ×

FS: Phil Jones Bass Compact 4 Lite - SOLD
£550

Scooby

I have[s] [i][b]two[/b][/i] [/s] [b]ONE[/b] brand new PJB C4 Lite cab available. They have been used a few times at home at low volume (and one rehearsal). Absolutely mint condition and sound superb with a very defined tonal range that really brings out the sound of your bass!

Looking for [s][b]£550[/b][/s] f[s]or the pair [/s] [b]£250 inc shipping to mainland UK[/b]. Come complete with original box etc.

From Phil Jones: [color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Today’s bass players demand more portable rigs without compromising performance. We embarked on the mission of a new compact bass enclosure that answers to their need. We did extensive research. We tested many different driver sizes from 5 to 12 inch and came to the conclusion that our 4x5” combination clearly supersedes all other loudspeaker configuration by direct comparison.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The 4C cabinet may be small; yet it provides highest audio performance.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The cabinet is constructed from Baltic Birch plywood. Rigid internal bracing keeps cabinet coloration to its lowest. The four 5 inch “Piranha” drivers are based on our Suitcase and 4B cabinet. They feature ferrite magnet structures for uncompromised dynamics, extended bass response and punch/attack. If your style is slap bass, this cabinet will show how good your slap tone is. It has much more: it produces effortlessly the true tone of any bass or player. You hear subtleties/nuances in your playing you never heard before and your sound becomes more inspiring to you, your band and your audience.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][size=4]The C4 has unmatched flexibility and portability of being used alone or stacked multiples.[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4][color=#000000]The “Compact 4 Lite” is made for those who seek an ultra-light weight bass cabinet.[/color][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4][color=#000000]“Neo Power” 5″ drivers were used in a Compact 4 cabinet constructed from Baltic Birch plywood. Rigid internal bracing keeps cabinet coloration to its lowest. It reproduces effortlessly the true tone of any bass or player. You hear subtleties and nuances in your playing never heard before. Your sound becomes more prominent and inspiring to you, your band, and your audience.[/color][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4][color=#000000]Physically, the Compact 4 Lite has the flexibility and portability of being used alone or stacked as multiples. At 11kg weight, you can easily lift it with one hand![/color][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=Cabin][size=3][size=4][color=#000000]Quantity is limited on this model. Black finish only. Slip on cover included.[/color][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[b] [size=4][color=#000000]Key Features[/color][/size][/b][list]
[*][size=4][color=#000000]Speakers: 4×5″ “Neo Power”[/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#000000]Power: 400W[/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#000000]Impedance: 8 Ohm[/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#000000]Frequency: 35 Hz – 15KHz[/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#000000]Dimensions( W x D x H): 14″x12.5″x13.5″[/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#000000]Net Weight: 11kg[/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#000000]Connection: NL4[/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#000000]Slip on cover included[/color][/size]
[/list]

Edited by Scooby

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Together these cabs can handle 800watts of power. I've used them at a rehearsal with a drummer, two guitarists and a keys player. I had the amp one third up and my bass half way. So much power on tap it's incredible! [/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Covered a variety of tunes from ZZTop, Black Crows, KOL, Queen, Stones through to KIllers, Petty, Clapton and more. Can't fault the sound, power or amazing ability oft these cabs to perform way beyond expectations.[/color][/font]

Edited by Scooby

I had two of these, then downsized to one. Of course, the output will depend as much as anything on the amp you're using to drive the cab.
But I played Double bass, and bass guitar through one of these recently. The gig was along with guitar, drums, keys, vocals and rather loud sax.

The venue was quite a large pub, but the single cab handled the job really well. Several mates in the audience complimented me on the very big and very focussed sound of the DB.
Bump for a great cab :)

EDIT: I just recalled a gig from summer 2014. The same band played an outdoor festival, where the PA guys didn't want me to plug my DB into their PA. The single PJ cab was fine - even outdoors, alongside a PA. Don't be fooled by their relatively diminutive size....

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1448982011' post='2919778']
How do these handle Low B or lower ?
[/quote]

Quote "...[font="Times"][size="4"]produces rich, deep, and powerful bass, right down to the open B string and even below. Transparent high frequencies, smooth mid range and overall dynamics provide punch and clarity. Slapped bass has a new snap; acoustic bass sounds pure and authentic. Your bass is going to sound like a better instrument." From Phil Jones [/size][/font]

[font="Times"][size="4"]The cab handles the low B just fine but I cannot say for a note lower than [/size][/font][font=Times][size=1] [/size][/font][font="Times"][size="4"]that! :D[/size][/font]

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1448982011' post='2919778']
How do these handle Low B or lower ?
[/quote]

Mine handles the lowest notes from a double bass incredibly well. So a 5 string should be no problem.
In fact the lower notes are really well defined with this cab. I used to use a 15" Markbass cab
But the PJ, with it's smaller speakers produces much clearer low notes. It's apparently all to do with the recovery time of the speaker cones....