Why become a member? ×

New Kings Of Leon Album

acidbass

Hello all,

I just have the new Kings Of Leon album playing now on my stereo, what a fantastic album! The bassist's lines have become a whole lot more complex since their first album (at the time it was recorded he had only been playing bass for 3 months or something ridiculous like that!) They must have picked up some Joy Division albums somewhere along the line because the basslines are pure Peter Hook, I was almost going to check the sleeve notes to see if he featured on it! Definitely a great change from the over-produced, over-rated effort that they released previous to this.

Anyone else heard it? What do you think?

Danny

I've not heard it yet, didn't even realise it was out. Although I really liked the last album, so it'll be interesting to hear what's different about this one. Really, really can't wait to see them in December.

Which album did you mean mate?

'Because Of The Times' is the most recent one I've heard, and it's ace! Jared's turning into a really cool player these days... his part on 'On Call' makes that track! Seriously, some great songs on this album people... check it out! :huh:

Edit: just noticed the thread title... duh! :)

Edited by Etienne

It's released on 22nd September in the UK. I've heard a few songs off it. Sounding good. They're getting more epic and have moved far away from their first couple of albums. I think the biggest change is in Caleb's voice. He's losing his southern drawl with every album they do. Good on them for doing an album so soon after the last, too.

I've only heard the single, and the couple of new tracks on the myspace, but my word. 'Sex On Fire' is one of the best rock singles I've come across in a long time. Got to agree with Tee about his voice, you'd swear it was a different guy than the one mumbling his way through 'Mollys Chambers'.

Might try and get tickets for the Liverpool show, if I'm not too poverty stricken next month!

Sorry I must be listening to a different album as I have already deleted it as i thought it was dull.

Molly's Chamber was alright when it came out but beyond that I can't see what the fuss is about to be honest.

Put it down as an age thing but most of the stuff I hear recently is just over hyped rubbish

Edited by Bass_In_Yer_Face