Why become a member? ×

Roscoe Custom SKB 3000 4 string bass

dangee

[quote name='eubassix' post='282379' date='Sep 12 2008, 09:43 AM']Hi Dan - thanks for the note re. 'pedigree', Chum.
Just to state (the obvious) that this is a really nice Roscoe bass and somewhat rare in being a combination of the LG / SKB models (the SKB is not offered as a '4) .. and that Dan, from personal experience, is a great guy and looks after his instruments really well: so description / replies will be totally accurate.

+ Best Regards for the forthcoming event !![/quote]

Thanks David. Hope you're well.

[quote name='eubassix' post='282379' date='Sep 12 2008, 09:43 AM']([b]the SKB is not offered as a '4)[/b] .. !![/quote]

Just to clarify, as a Roscoe owner and utter fanboy, that statement is wrong. The SKB is available as a four string and always has been but, as Roscoe build to order and very few SKB3000's (4 string model name) have been ordered they are thin on the ground. Two have been built this year (2008) and they are the first SKB3000s since at least 2005.

Identical spec LG3000 and SKB3000 are also identical in price, there is no uplift for the SKB shape in Roscoe's pricing structure.

The new owner of this has got a "fabulous" instrument. Good luck to him/her.

My error (& apology) - Scoop is quite right!
I'd not looked at the Roscoe site for ages .. and the SKB is now offered as full range 4 -7 (strings).
I do think though, that in the early days of Roscoe, the LG was listed/priced as a 4-5 and the SKB as a 5-6 .. though I'm sure Keith would have been able/willing to build either to customer specs. and preferences.
The skb 4 (3000) does still appear to be something of a rare beast, according to the figures .. and I agree that this is a fabulous instrument.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='283014' date='Sep 13 2008, 12:48 AM']If it wasn't me I might have known it would be thou :huh:[/quote]

I really need to sell something now or the wife will remove various parts of my anatomy with a set of rusty pliers :huh:

And I'm off to the USA next week as well, Shuttle 6.0 has a switching power supply, looking very tempting :)

Enjoying the Roscoe very much, great growl & punchy tone. Angled pickups catching me out a little but just need to spend more time with it I'm sure :huh:

Eubassix - do you know any of its history at all?