Why become a member? ×

EBS - great customer service

Graham

A while ago I bought an EBS Bass IQ Envelope Filter pedal on here with a known issue - but given the price I thought I'd take a punt on it.

To start with all was fine, but after a couple of months the problem got worse and when you switched it on, you just got silence. My local guitar shop took a look and figured it might be the switch that had failed, they spoke to the UK distributor who were hopeless, so I e-mailed EBS directly and within 10 minutes got a reply from their technical director offering to sell me a replacement switch for 120 SEK (about £9.50).

Well the switch arrived, but that didn't fix the problem so I went back to EBS and described th problem thinking that if they'd encountered it before they might know how to fix it, in which case I'd bribe one of the electronics engineers at work to have a go.

The reply I got was "sounds like a dry joint on the PCB, if you cover the postage each way I'll swap it over for a spare board we have here".

So I sent it back to EBS and yesterday I got it back working fine. I just wanted to highlight this great customer service from EBS for an out of warranty pedal which bought second hand.

When I owned a EBS HD350 it blew a fuse - no idea how as I always use a circuit breaker. I couldn't find the fuse so I rang EBS, based in Letchworth, spoke to the Tech section who advised where the fuse was and sent out 6!! Head is long gone but I still have 5 of the fuses..

Proper customer service...

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1447150520' post='2905216']
However, the important question is: is this technical director hot?
;)
[/quote]

How dare you come into a grown man's thread & spout this rubbish! You sir, are a rogue & a bully.

*slams door & storms upstairs*

My experience with EBS customer service & their UK distributor left a pretty bad taste in my mouth, to the extent I'd never use their stuff again.

I once bought an EBS Gorm combo which was classed as 'new old stock' - before I bought it I contacted EBS to find out if the warranty would still count because of this & they assured me it would. When the input section developed a fault I contacted them about repairing the amp - the same person who told me they would honour the warranty told me they wouldn't touch it because it was new old stock.

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1447158072' post='2905315']
My experience with EBS customer service & their UK distributor left a pretty bad taste in my mouth, to the extent I'd never use their stuff again.

I once bought an EBS Gorm combo which was classed as 'new old stock' - before I bought it I contacted EBS to find out if the warranty would still count because of this & they assured me it would. When the input section developed a fault I contacted them about repairing the amp - the same person who told me they would honour the warranty told me they wouldn't touch it because it was new old stock.
[/quote]

That's pretty sh*tty, hope it's improved generally now; however their UK distributor was particularly unhelpful during all this.