Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic BH 500 lights flashing

DarkHeart

In the instruction manual, theres a section under miscellaneous that explains why it's happened.

It happens if it senses extreme Temps, if you plug a non TC cab with a jack connection, if you use a Speakon to Jack cable or if you disconnect the cab while the head is still switched on.

All it suggests is to switch the head off and leave it for a while before powering it back up again.

Is the peak light flashing also?

I you still have a problem with it, I'd strongly urge you to take the BH500 AND-if it's possible-your cabs and cables back to the store that you purchased the amplifier from. Make sure that you have your receipt with as well.
When I purchased my BH500, after trying it out for a good 20-30 minutes, it died within 10 minutes of plugging it into my cabinets, after maxing out the gain and the compressor.
I was lucky that I could fit my cabs into my car and drive to the shop-in this case PMT-that was only 5-10 minutes away, but they were very helpful. After troubleshooting every situation and set up, they had a replacement amp sent up from another store which is still going strong!
Hope that helps!

Mine did the flashing light thing when left uncovered in the freezing cold car overnight and getting a lot of condensation damp inside when taken into a hot sweaty pub, had to wait it out for about twenty minutes but eventually came back to life in time for gig. Lesson learned though!

• 5 weeks later...