Why become a member? ×

thinking of grabbing another fuzz

0175westwood29

So my boards pretty big!

but im thinking of adding another flavour of fuzz, im thinking either wren and cuff TFR or Fuzzrocious grey stache basically something muff based?

ive listened to alot of demos of them they both seem heavy as hell! but how do they take being layered with other effects, i use octaves and chorus heavily but also like to stack drives.

anyone care to share there 2 cents?

Andy

[quote name='tonyxtiger' timestamp='1446231583' post='2898020']
Had a stache and sold it. It seemed pretty decent but I found it got a bit lost.
In terms of the heavy chorus and octave use, me too... I find the COG stuff works well with those and also the Dwarfcraft eau Clare / silver rose.

Black arts pharaoh seems a good shout for the bass too.
[/quote]

got myself a tarkin on the board already ;-)

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1446231854' post='2898023']
Thorpyfx muffroom cloud.

Mine arrives on Monday!
[/quote]

have seen this but for me its not getting me excited,

im trying to work out how the mids in the stache work as for me they are key! in a metal/doomy band its really needed to be heard in the mix.

the lows in the tfr are crazy but again hows it sit in a mix with heavy guitars?

Andy

If you really want to dial in the mids try the stone deaf Fig Fumb, full para eq.

If you worry about being heard then again I'd suggest the silver rose. The eau Clair side does meaty doom bass and low mids, the super fuzz side does high end and high mids, there's also a clean channel. By blending all three channels you can make yourself heard. Easily.

It's also insanely loud. I had to get tom at cog to make a little volume cut box to drop the output.

Ok, so i have owned 2 stache's and one TFR. The TFR is what I still own.

However, I massively regret selling my first stache, it was awesome. Using a jazz, I preferred the stache, using a P bass, I preferred the TFR.

I regretted selling the stache, so I bought another one. For me, it sounded nowhere near as great at that first stache. Ry told me that the design had changed, or the components had changed, I forget. Either way, the TFR won out for me.

If you want a muff, I would really strongly recommend a TFR. I one day want to try a SUF civil war, I hear good things about them, from a lot of people who have owned the stache and TFR.

outside of the muff world, I recently bought a solid gold fx formula 76, which is a great super fuzz clone. I also really dig the malekko diabolik, which is brass master based, I think...

GGG-tuned (or basically any) muff with flat mids and tonebender mod. Lots of low end, due to the first diode stage being defeated and thus some clean leaking through and with the flat mids mod, you'll punch through the mix without any problems. :)

So ive done a few more days of looking into this, def think im gonna be grabbing a TFR when i can, also i just thought to hell with it, i recently ordered a Tremorslo from fuzzrocious so got him to through in a Grey stache with the diode mod in the box aswell.

although im interested still in trying out the solid gold super fuzz clone.

• 3 months later...