Why become a member? ×

Who has a troublefree Fender Rumble 500 v3 Combo?

Guest MoJo

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1459265231']...if your guitarist is drowning out drummers then the combo on its own might be asking a bit much and you may need an ext cab.
[/quote]

I'd be having a word with the geetars I think. If you need an ext cab with a Rumble 500 for volume reasons I'd say everything is too loud. :)

Edited by discreet

I've had a Rumble 500 for about a year now, bought it second hand with a transferable 5 year warranty, never had any trouble, I would hazard a guess that if you get through he first few months it'll be ok any faults normally show more or less straight away,, funnily enough I take a Trace Elliot head as back up to gigs, if that TE combo was a 300watt model and ran out of steam your guitarist must have been ear bleedingly loud, I've sold one recently it weighed 35KG
edit, just read that the 715 combo is rated at a 100watts, but that'll still be Trace Elliot watts :)
I found this interesting for anybody interested in TE gear http://www.britishaudioservice.com/#!trace-manuals/c1mt9

Edited by PaulWarning

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1459266632' post='3014926']
I'd be having a word with the geetars I think. If you need an ext cab with a Rumble 500 for volume reasons I'd say everything is too loud. :)
[/quote]

Can you come have a word with my lot? :)

Mines rated for 300 , so I thought it was at least 150 @ the 8 ohm with the built-in but 300 with an additional 8 ohm the expansion cab .

I've booked a day off for Friday to allow me to head to Andertons in Guildford who apparently have a Fender rumble 500 , to bring up from the warehouse .
Cash is sat on the desk , I didn't fancy the weekend , I remember my last trip to Andertons of a weekend .... not the best environment to seriously try some amps

I'll start a new thread .... asking for some advice on what else i should try when im there .

Hot tip for anyone who can get to Guildford , Andertons I decided to leave it and bought a CMD121P Markbass combo instead ....
it was more money but i just got on with the tone better.

There's a Rumble 500 head and the matching 15 cab that I was looking at today, Somone has traded it in but the condition is immaculate,
it includes cable , covers bag for the head etc and warranty for £349 , I'm pretty sure thats a bargain right ?

Here's the advert http://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-cabs/pid45242/cid686/second-hand-fender-rumble-stack-500-head-38-115-cab.asp

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1459534017' post='3017534']
Hot tip for anyone who can get to Guildford , Andertons I decided to leave it and bought a CMD121P Markbass combo instead ....
[/quote]

That's interesting. I have the CMD121P and just today bought the 500 V3 combo. I think there's a NY121 cab in the for sale section that matches perfectly with your latest purchase and really does turn that combo in to a good small rig...

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1459534017' post='3017534']

There's a Rumble 500 head and the matching 15 cab that I was looking at today, Somone has traded it in but the condition is immaculate,
it includes cable , covers bag for the head etc and warranty for £349 , I'm pretty sure thats a bargain right ?

Here's the advert [url="http://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-cabs/pid45242/cid686/second-hand-fender-rumble-stack-500-head-38-115-cab.asp"]http://www.andertons...-38-115-cab.asp[/url]
[/quote]
Enjoy the new combo.
I never fully know how I'm going to get on in terms of tone with a new rig till I try it out with the band. The Rumble does it for me :)