Why become a member? ×

Lakland USA Bob Glaub

Noisyjon

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='277922' date='Sep 5 2008, 03:29 PM']Try PMing "peety".

He's got one (or two)......not sure if it's USA but worth a try.[/quote]

Steve's got a couple of beautiful Skylines. I know he was gassing after a US one, but honestly the quality of his are so good I'm not sure there would be much point!!

PS- I think he was considering moving one on (might be wrong though)

Hi

I used to have a 4-94 and have had my hands on a number of 44-02's

The difference (IMHO) is not subtle.....

I used to own a skyline BG, it was good, well made but something always felt like it was built to a budget.

I'm after another 4-94 at the minute

Edited by Marcus

I had a US Glaub with and extra J pickup (factory fit) - not a single coil but a stacked humbucker - just like the P pickup - i believe they call it a linear humbucker. Anyway - gorgeous bass - neck was a dream to play with great fretwork - has graphite neck inserts that the Skylines don't have. To my ears you could play on the E and A strings well above the 12th fret and notes were still distinct and not at all fuzzy. Had all the P-bass attributes but with that extra humbucker you could add a nice edge to things if you wanted. I went mad and got rid of it as I wanted something more "aged" - have ordered a Nash 58 P-bass from the States - should arrive in the next few months I hope......

If you like P-basses you'll love a US Glaub.

Bill

[quote name='dmz' post='281510' date='Sep 10 2008, 11:03 PM']I had a US Glaub with and extra J pickup (factory fit) - not a single coil but a stacked humbucker - just like the P pickup - i believe they call it a linear humbucker. Anyway - gorgeous bass - neck was a dream to play with great fretwork - has graphite neck inserts that the Skylines don't have. To my ears you could play on the E and A strings well above the 12th fret and notes were still distinct and not at all fuzzy. Had all the P-bass attributes but with that extra humbucker you could add a nice edge to things if you wanted. I went mad and got rid of it as I wanted something more "aged" - have ordered a Nash 58 P-bass from the States - should arrive in the next few months I hope......

If you like P-basses you'll love a US Glaub.

Bill[/quote]

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the feedback.
I have heard lots of good things about USA & Korean Laklands.
Out of interest where did you order your Nash from?

Jon

I've got a couple of laklands, a DJ5 and that villex modded Bob Glaub that was doing the rounds on here a couple of months ago.

The BG is great - really good neck, the whole thing feels really well made. I'd love to use it more but I can't get away without a 5 so it only comes out for the odd practice :) It has turned on my interest for a P or PJ 5 string though

R

Jon,

Ordered from LowEnd basses in the States.

Still hasn't arrived yet - production has slowed down to (i) Bill (Nash) being out of action for a several weeks due to a rather bad car accident and (ii) a bad batch of necks who's truss rods didn't work. Will post piccies no doubt if it ever arrives.........

Bill