Why become a member? ×

NBD - Squier VM 70s Jazz

Telebass

Got this in a trade with Raslee of this parish.

My intention was to gut it and put the neck and loom into a P-bass, body for which was also part of the deal. But before the carnage, I gave it tweak to my preference (normally for a P-bass), and it is just amazing!

So I shall, for the moment, become a member of the One Of Each club...

This is really NOT Dennis territory. At all.

:D

Edited by Telebass

I bought the same 77 model, put it up for sale, got some lowball offers for it and decided to keep it. It is a nice change from my main P bass and I gig it sometimes and it does the job well. I have owned Fender jazz`s in the past and this is as good.

Well apart from the tuners and bridge that are getting swapped for a set of Gotoh tuners and a BBOT vintage style bridge. The finish and fit on it is as good as any Mex Standard at twice the price.

This one has 3 out of 4 Hipshot HB7s fitted - no idea why not the full set, will have to try and find one! It's a 2011 model, and has definitely seen plenty of playing despite being in great nick.
Will get a couple of pics up ASAP!

Edited by Telebass

Just need to dave up the pennies for a couple of sets of Chromes (can't afford Jazz Flats at the moment), then I can really get to work on this bass. It pkays well and sounds good, but flats are where it's at for me. Only Jazz I've used flats on so far was an American Special with the Greade Bucket circuit, so a Jazz with flats and a standard circuit will be a new thing for me. However, I don't expect it to be vastly different.

Edited by Telebass