Why become a member? ×

* SOLD * Trace Elliot 1153 Cab - £100 - Swindon, Wilts

farmer61

Hi,

I'm selling my surplus to requirements Trace 1153 200w 8ohm cab. It's in great condition has the vinyl not carpet covering. Some minor marks and some screw holes where I moved some holders that top cabs sit into.

The cone was replaced in 2002 and has NEVER let me down once. Was used for gigging until recently (I bought a Trace 1518 on this very site that I'd been gassing over for years).

Live in Swindon, work in Brum so could be flexible on a meet if required.

The cover is a bit torn in places but offers protection, and the tape over the jack socket is purely there so I can tell which of the sockets is the INPUT socket when setting the rig up in tight dark spaces.
I've tried looking to see what the cab is made of (seems a point of discussion :) ) but am unable to tell sorry.

Thanks for your interest.

Julian 07900 931355

Edited by farmer61

[quote name='Merton' post='276404' date='Sep 3 2008, 05:18 PM']Cracking cab, good price! (I sold one for the same a couple of months back...) Good luck :)[/quote]

Thanks, I starting my war chest for a MM Stingray 5, got a bit of a way to go. Got a 12l Diving Cyliner (Beaver) if anyone's interested as well £100, oh sorry wrong forum hahaha!

I bought a fantastic 1518 from orangpeelneil on here, great cab as well, really like it, mind you my back doesn't!!!!

[quote name='stevie' post='276479' date='Sep 3 2008, 07:20 PM']Would you (or anyone) happen to know what kind of wood the cab is made of (i.e. plywood, MDF, chipboard)? A few more pictures would no doubt help the sale along. Do you know how heavy it is?

Stevie[/quote]

I'm 99% sure its plywood, it's a solid as a rock, it's no where near as heavy as the 1048 or the 1518's. The sound is awesome and there's less and less of these portable cabs available.

Edit - Found this on the net [b]Trace Elliot 1153 - 1x15 (ceramic), 200w, 8 ohm, 32Hz to 5 kHz, 49 lbs, 20" H x 24.2" W x 17.1" D[/b]

If your interested I will take some pics, if not, thanks for your comments.

Cheers
Julian

Edited by farmer61

[quote name='Merton' post='276555' date='Sep 3 2008, 09:20 PM']Not wishing to cause issues but my (admittedly later) version was MDF...[/quote]

Hmmm I may have to stand corrected, or I may just have to take the thing apart to check. I'll only do the later if someone is genuinely interested though.

Edited by farmer61

[quote name='Trace_n_bass' post='276567' date='Sep 3 2008, 10:00 PM']The 1153 was constructed from 13-ply Birch Ply. I'm not aware of them switching to MDF with the later ones (even after Gibson took over in 1998!)[/quote]
You should be able to check by looking through the port holes. If you can pull a port tube out (don't know if they're glued), you should be able to see the plies of the baffle.

[quote name='stevie' post='276580' date='Sep 3 2008, 10:33 PM']You should be able to check by looking through the port holes. If you can pull a port tube out (don't know if they're glued), you should be able to see the plies of the baffle.[/quote]

RIGHT, the port tube is getting pulled tonight and confirmation will be posted on here later, can everyone please standby!

btw one small matter, is there anyone out there who actually wants to buy the thing?

The various catalogues I have list the 1153 at 57lbs. The one I had was considerably heavier than either of my Aggie GS112s which are 42(?)lbs. Great cabs though, like them much better than the Aggies, and am thinking of going back; it's only the weight that's worrying me as I have chronic back problems. I think the early ones were 300w and were lighter; I have an old catalogue somewhere.

Must admit I thought mine was MDF....a mate has it now so I'll have to check with him.

[quote name='farmer61' post='277558' date='Sep 5 2008, 08:56 AM']Replied. Thx[/quote]

I guess so, where to???

I've got an old trace box somewhere in the garage and I can get it onto a courier for whatever it costs.

Cheers Julian

Edited by farmer61

[quote name='Trace_n_bass' post='279332' date='Sep 7 2008, 09:00 PM']Hi. Yep. I'd be happy to buy it from you for £100. I will need it posting, so can you let me know a cost. Thanks, Stu.[/quote]

Can you PM me a location so I can work out a shipping cost.

Thanks

Julian