Why become a member? ×

My 'Gig Rig'

warwickhunt

I've pretty much settled on my amplification as it is compact and yet powerful enough for my needs... though the basses may change from time to time :)

Amp - Thunderfunk TF550B
Cabs - Aguilar DB112 (1 with, 1 without tweeter)
Basses - Streamer Stage I (fretted - MEC/MEC and fretless - Bartolini/OBP1)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='275015' date='Sep 1 2008, 10:23 PM']That looks great!![/quote]

Looks and 'sounds' great, cheers

[quote name='marcus bell' post='275061' date='Sep 1 2008, 11:06 PM']really nice rig,

love the red warwick....[/quote]

That was the first Warwick that I owned back in 1991 or so and then subsequently traded it to a guitar shop in Newcastle, before getting it back again (via basschat) this year from the wilderness that is Bolton, Lancs :)

HA HA wilderness is about right!!!
red,s looking good, nice to see it again, lovin the sterling though!!! :huh:
keep rockin mate- lee

Looks and 'sounds' great, cheers

That was the first Warwick that I owned back in 1991 or so and then subsequently traded it to a guitar shop in Newcastle, before getting it back again (via basschat) this year from the wilderness that is Bolton, Lancs :)

[quote name='geilerbass' post='275177' date='Sep 2 2008, 08:22 AM']That really does look the balls... but then again, slap a couple of Stage I's either side of any rig and it's going to look hot. Or am I just a sucker for anything with 'W' on the headstock... :)[/quote]

'We' are both suckers for the big 'W'

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='275880' date='Sep 2 2008, 10:54 PM']Hmmm...not bad!!!!!

In fact, I nearly had a similar red Streamer back in '92, some other bastard bought it (beating me to it!) from the shop where I used to work at weekends - was really upset as I recall - it had a finish like glass and tons of balls!! The ones that get away eh?![/quote]

So long as that shop wasn't located between Newcastle and Bolton it couldn't be this one :huh:

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='275892' date='Sep 2 2008, 11:05 PM']Niiiice![/quote]

Could that be because the rig looks 'old school' and exactly like your Schroeder? :huh:

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='275950' date='Sep 3 2008, 12:06 AM']nope - the bass was here in Peterborough! (thats a city 30 miles north of Cambridge in case you're not sure!)[/quote]

Ah Peterborough, north of Cambridge you say! That'll be in the South with the pampered people; far away from we Northern savages :)

It's strange but I normally much prefer the natural finish Warwicks but of all the coloured ones that they do, I like the high gloss red ones (closely followed by the tobacco burst) most and never really got into the look of the oiled finishes.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='275941' date='Sep 2 2008, 11:55 PM']Could that be because the rig looks 'old school'...[/quote]
Now you come to mention it, your rig does look really 'old school' until you look closely and see it's totally up to date kit. Good combination!

• 9 months later...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='526740' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:36 PM']I do recall playing a red SS1 just like that in Howard's Bass Place in the toon...it was in need of a good polish up though at the time...wasn't yours, was it?[/quote]

I bet it was.

I sold 'red' through Howard some years back (when it was in mint condition), it then passed through a couple of hands (likely as not back through Howard's 'Bass Place'), collecting some battle scars along the way before I got it back from a fellow BCer down in Bolton.

There is/was another 'Toon' see-thru red bass owned by a guy in North Shields that was for sale/sold on eBay a few months back, so it may have been that one either.

[quote name='Higgie' post='530450' date='Jul 2 2009, 12:02 PM']The DB112/112NT setup is just great...Which one do you put on the bottom? :)[/quote]

Purely so that the tweeter is closer to ear level (though still well short of that) I put the tweeter loaded cab on top. Saying that I generally just have the tweeter on 50% any way!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='526753' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:57 PM']I bet it was.

I sold 'red' through Howard some years back (when it was in mint condition), it then passed through a couple of hands (likely as not back through Howard's 'Bass Place'), collecting some battle scars along the way before I got it back from a fellow BCer down in Bolton.

There is/was another 'Toon' see-thru red bass owned by a guy in North Shields that was for sale/sold on eBay a few months back, so it may have been that one either.[/quote]

I just remember that when I played it, it had a few scuffs and sounded pretty nice, but the frets were covered in green, oxidised gunk and needed a good polish, and the neck had was a little over-straight making it feel like the strings were miles off the fretboard. Just needed a good setup and clean to be a good 'un though.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='530615' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:47 PM']Purely so that the tweeter is closer to ear level (though still well short of that) I put the tweeter loaded cab on top. Saying that I generally just have the tweeter on 50% any way![/quote]

Same here. My Stingray is quite twangy anyway so I only have the tweeter on about 25-33%! :)