Why become a member? ×

Playlist help required

Jimryan

We didn't get asked a lot to provide background music at weddings in my last band (there seemed to be a convention creeping in where a DJ [i]and[/i] a band would be booked) but when we did I just used a mix of old and new hits on itunes using the 'Now that's What I Call Music' albums ( I have them all as mp3's) and filter out the dirges to keep it fairly uptempo, played through PA from an iPod, quality fine for that. If the couple wanted specific hits there was always a good chance they were included on those compilation albums.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1438023691' post='2830991']
This truncated version is to found on the soundtrack album (track 11) but - being end-credit music - would have been the penultimate piece heard by the cinema-goer as they extinguished their Capstan Full Strength and stumbled through drifts of Westler's hot dog wrappers out to the street where they caught the bus home.
[/quote]

Ah yes, the desperate rush to escape before the National Anthem.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1438083331' post='2831448']
Background music..no one is listening so whack them down on an ipod and set it to play. Weddings aren't good at keeping time so just do a random select and forget about it.

A lot of effort potentially for 'nothing'
[/quote]

I know exactly what you're saying John. It's a nice little bonus opportunity to play some songs I like too :-P What I will end up doing though is making a playlist on my phone and letting it play away.