Why become a member? ×

Late nights

Roger2611

We have started taking bookings for next year and are finding more and more venues want us to start playing later, 10.30pm rather than 9 / 9.30pm then finish at 1 / 1.30am, I can understand why, as quite a few venues we play just start filling up as we get to the last bit of our second set...it just seems strange, when I was younger and willing to stay up all night, pubs closed at 11pm, we were out and on our way home by midnight...now when I really need my beauty sleep the bu**ers want to keep me up until breakfast time!!

Are other people finding they are being asked to shift their playing times into the early hours of the morning?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1437827741' post='2829350']
Goes with the territory. Surely as a rock 'n' roller you're taking drugs and staying up late anyway..? :biggrin:
[/quote]

Well of course, regular cocktail of Paracetamol and indigestion tablets and the odd throat sweet washed down with a [s]bottle of jack[/s] can of Red Bull and it's rock and roll all they way!

I'm in a wedding/function band so it's mainly 8-12 gigs for me but a few years back it wasn't unheard of to do 7-1.

The killer is when we're far away like Inverness and Aberdeen so there's a 3 hour drive home. A 12 finish normal translates to getting home around 4am. Had one of those last week and I'll have another in 3 weeks time

Generally means that the next day is a right-off

Edited by Delberthot