Why become a member? ×

(BOTH SOLD) JohnK Orange and Marshall Preamps pedals
£149

padawanguz

[s][b][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Orange Bass Preamp described by JohnK (SOLD)[/font][/b][/s]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"[color=#000000]One of my favorite pedals that I've built to date has to be the Orange Preamp emulator. I've read comments like "That pedal has the sound that I have in my head" and "Big, loud, fat and punchy", just to name a few. This pedal uses four Jfet transistors to emulate the tubes with the EQ section before the gain stage in the circuit. I built it originally just for myself, but I've now built a few more of them for people that just had to have one. The first four of them were built on veroboard but since I've had a ton requests for them, I decided to etch PCBs for them. Making them on vero actually takes me a lot less time since etching the board, and then hand drilling all of the tiny component mounting holes takes me way more time than building up a vero, but, IMO, the end result has a 'cleaner' look to it..[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][s][b][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Marshall Super Bass Preamp described by JohnK SOLD[/font][/b][/s]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]"This one is a five JFET Marshall Super Bass preamp emulator. Just like the real amp, it can go anywhere from clean to very overdriven/distorted. I also added an internal charge pump so I can run it on either 9 volts or 18 volts off of a standard 9V wall wart for more punch, less compression and more headroom."[/color][/font][/size]

So...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]149 + shipping (like [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5-8 extra)[/font][/color]

[u]Both in perfect condition[/u][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], both are outstanding OD/preamps but the GAS is calling, so I need some cash. NO TRADES[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]John Kallas is by far one the best boutique bass effects builders out there, he knows his craft very well. I was lucky to have him build this to pedals. [/font] Edited by padawanguz

I'm in London (W2) and each pedal is [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£[/font][/color]149 + shipping (like [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£[/font][/color]5-8 extra)

Here you go!!

[b][size=5]CLIPS[/size][/b]

[size=6][url="https://soundcloud.com/johnk_10/super-bass-pedal"]The Marshall Super Bass Clips[/url][/size]
[size=6][url="https://soundcloud.com/johnk_10/orangepreamp-no2"]Orange Preamp Clips[/url][/size]

Sure, why not... I'll publish a gut shot tomorrow haha

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1437419137' post='2825862']
Great pedals, Mr Kallas really can build them like no other.

You should post up some gut shots to make the DIYers gush.

GLWTS
[/quote]