Why become a member? ×

Alembic Spyder 8 String SOLD
£4250

Kad

SOLD !! September 1st 2015

Have a Spyder 8 for sale in as new condition, played only a handful of times in smoke free home and just don't have use for this bass now so time to make way for another project. I am in Australia, so exchange rate is on your side, ALL genuine offers considered. Shipping and handling at buyers expense I can assist with this process and ensure everything is packed professionally and despatched safely for international transport.

Alembic Custom Shop Spyder 8
Build Number 4/20
SN 03SY13072
Top: Flame Maple
Body: Walnut
Back: Flame Maple
Neck: 7-piece Maple and Purpleheart
Scale: 34" long
Peghead shape: Ent Cone
Fingerboard: Ebony
Inlays: mother of pearl:
Top FB LEDs: red
Pickups: AXY
Controls: volume x2, filter x2, Q-switch x2, stereo/mono switch, LED operation switch, stereo/mono output
B/day: July 7, 2003
Original Hard Case in excellent condition included

Edited by Kad

Hi thanks for your interest in this rare beauty, more info can be found here [url="http://www.alembic.com/info/fc_spyders.html"]http://www.alembic.c...fc_spyders.html[/url]

They say they were planning to make 25 of the 8 strings however I believe they only ended up making 20, the build number and details above are from the serial number search from Alembic. It does have 20th Anniversary electronics.

This bass weighs around 11lbs (~5kg),however it is extremely well balanced, if you see pics of John with this bass, it sits very nice, no dive from either end, similar to his Buzzard design, both basses sit and play very comfortably (of course you need to have a nice wide padded strap) . The high wing design on the Spyder and Buzzard also serve as a great arm rest and help with the balance. These are also very long basses.

As far as the build quality from Alembic, it is just flawless, pure craftsmanship and art, this thing plays better than it looks and the sound has to be heard to be believed.

Edited by Kad

• 1 month later...