[quote name='tonyquipment' timestamp='1435228889' post='2806680']
Sorry we don't do requests

Sorry don't know that one

You get on with it

Get me a pint

Steady now, you're on parole

Etc...
[/quote]

These are going in my little black notebook under brilliant responses to idiot hecklers. [u]Especially[/u] the last one. lolol

Edited by dadofsix

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1435321253' post='2807654']
Isn't tonight the night?
[/quote]

We had the gig last night and she was there.

I was really pleased how well we handled her actually. She is a gobby cow for sure, but everyone there comes down to see the bands apparently, so everyone knew who she was and looked like they were fed up with her turning up every week heckling the bands anyway. So the only damage she was doing was to herself.

She came up to us after the gig and threatened being even worse the next time we are there, we were all just really polite and didnt give her much of a response. She seems like a really nasty piece of work, and seems to only be there to heckle the bands to make herself feel some sort of power i think. The trouble is she has cancer, and I think she is using it to her advantage in that she seems like the type of person that would play the[i] 'You cant say that, I have cancer card' [/i]if anyone were to give her some banter back.

Regardless of that, the gig went well with a promise of a rebooking. I suffered a cramp in my index finger on the last song which meant it was rendered useless so I had to change my fingering which was really interesting! I think I got away with it... :ph34r:

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1434749793' post='2802614']
Hi Guys,

We've just booked a gig for next week due to a cancellation but been warned by the band that cancelled that there is always one lady that goes every week and likes to heckle the bands.

Personally I have never had anyone heckle me in any band I've been in, so I'm a little unsure how to deal with it!

Apparently her favourite line is "Get on with it!" in between songs.

Any advice on how to cleverly deal with a heckler?

Thanks

[/quote]

Tell her to f*ck off.

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1435325793' post='2807736']she seems like the type of person that would play the[i] 'You cant say that, I have cancer card' [/i]if anyone were to give her some banter back.[/quote]

Ask her if she wants to book you for her wake? Or would that be bad taste, overly harsh and just plain out of order?

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1435325793' post='2807736']
She came up to us after the gig and threatened being even worse the next time we are there, we were all just really polite and didnt give her much of a response. She seems like a really nasty piece of work, and seems to only be there to heckle the bands to make herself feel some sort of power i think. The trouble is she has cancer, and I think she is using it to her advantage in that she seems like the type of person that would play the[i] 'You cant say that, I have cancer card' [/i]if anyone were to give her some banter back.

[/quote]
[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1435445501' post='2808933']
Ask her if she wants to book you for her wake? Or would that be bad taste, overly harsh and just plain out of order?
[/quote]

Yes, it was in bad taste, overly harsh and just plain out of order . . . truth be told, though, it was funny as hell!!! lol

Stop playing, point her out to the crowd and ask her to come on stage and show her ability and talent.

[i]"Come on up, you can sing, play guitar, bass, or drums. Everyone, clap her on and up on stage!"[/i]

I guarantee, the heckling will stop.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1435608990' post='2810627']
Stop playing, point her out to the crowd and ask her to come on stage and show her ability and talent.

[i]"Come on up, you can sing, play guitar, bass, or drums. Everyone, clap her on and up on stage!"[/i]

I guarantee, the heckling will stop.

Blue
[/quote]

Yep this is OK, unless they are drunk, in which case you can end up with some drunken bellend wanting "a go" on your bass, which will end in disaster when they fall over and trash it......