Why become a member? ×

'Get a haircut ya hippies!'

spectoremg

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1434316525' post='2798649']
This isn't the saddest thread,
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/264096-the-old-maplerosewood-topic-but-with-results-from-the-herts-bass-bash/"]http://basschat.co.u...erts-bass-bash/[/url]
this is.
[/quote]

It was actually good fun. :)
You had to be there, really.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1434362238' post='2798843']
Hair? wear it long, go for it, whatever your age.

That gig, *sigh* As a lifelong Yes fan, it pained me to watch it, they all look so bored apart for Jon Davidson.

In the Comments for the Vid someone mentioned a Jon Anderson/Todmobile collaboration with a Link to 'Awaken' my Fave yes song, WHAT A DIFFERENCE, a lively energetic performance of a gorgeous song that had me with goosebumps and tears of Joy.
[/quote]I think that's my problem, I still rate their early stuff as some of my favourite music but this is tragic. I think they're stuck in a tour/live album vortex. And Jon Anderson should stay where he is - he's well out of it.

Saw them on this tour and to be honest it was a lot better than the previous one where they were playing a large chunk of the latest album. The problem is these days they seem to play some of the material noticeably slower than it was originally recorded at and it just seems a bit laboured. None of us getting any younger mind...

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1434305594' post='2798519']
Never mind the hair doo, it`s these bloomin eyebrows that get me.

[attachment=194319:rowan276.jpg]

You would think that someone would have said.
[/quote]
That's been happening to me for years. My wife thinks it's cute, but I still trim them.