Why become a member? ×

Message for all Wal bass owners

silverfoxnik

[quote name='crazypink' post='286409' date='Sep 18 2008, 08:11 AM']I got a message back from Paul yesterday and thankfully he is honouring Pete's waiting list and I'm on it. Now's the time to be patient and wait for my Wal creation![/quote]
Good news indeed. I wonder just how many back orders there are?

[quote name='crazypink' post='286409' date='Sep 18 2008, 03:11 AM']I got a message back from Paul yesterday and thankfully he is honouring Pete's waiting list and I'm on it. Now's the time to be patient and wait for my Wal creation![/quote]

Great to hear from someone who has heard from Paul and that the list is being worked!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Merton' post='272261' date='Aug 29 2008, 02:19 AM']Was speaking to Phil Mulford last night at a gig of his, he was at Paul' s place a week or so ago and there are a number of Wal bodies and necks in various states of finish hanging on the walls. Yay![/quote]

I hope so, Nik! I have had some woods for facings with Pete for about 3 years. Hope to hear from Paul that he is ready to continue work on material that has already been sent like mine :)

[quote name='mgauction' post='311724' date='Oct 22 2008, 12:21 AM']I hope so, Nik! I have had some woods for facings with Pete for about 3 years. Hope to hear from Paul that he is ready to continue work on material that has already been sent like mine :)[/quote]

I'm curious to find out what the new price range is. I suppose since I have to ask, I couldn't afford it. Can't wait to see a pic of a new one coming off the line.

dunc

[quote name='bassplace' post='314273' date='Oct 24 2008, 05:04 PM']I'm curious to find out what the new price range is. I suppose since I have to ask, I couldn't afford it. Can't wait to see a pic of a new one coming off the line.

dunc[/quote]

I'm curious too dunc and worried that it might be the price of a Fodera.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bassplace' post='323119' date='Nov 6 2008, 12:10 AM']More news...

[url="http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/walbassesnaturally/message/11350"]http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/walba...y/message/11350[/url][/quote]
Yes, it's all finally coming together it would seem Dunc, so congratulations to Paul Herman for doing that!

[quote name='cetera' post='270097' date='Aug 26 2008, 10:13 AM']Wonderful news!! :)[/quote]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][i][b]Cool! I wonder if I can get some original control knobs for my Pro IIE..?[/b][/i]

Hey Rich - I still have one last set (5) of PROIIe knobs @ £20.00 plus any international postage

I will set up a stock line for you at www.harrowaudio.com

then search on WAL PARTS to buy

Chris[/font]

[quote name='chrisfbass' post='326039' date='Nov 10 2008, 04:11 PM'][font="Comic Sans MS"][i][b]Cool! I wonder if I can get some original control knobs for my Pro IIE..?[/b][/i]

Hey Rich - I still have one last set (5) of PROIIe knobs @ £20.00 plus any international postage

I will set up a stock line for you at www.harrowaudio.com

then search on WAL PARTS to buy

Chris[/font][/quote]
Hey Chris

Wow - is that really the LAST set?? I was thinking of getting some for my Pro2e..

Great news about Paul getting to this stage by the way, but i think it needs to be said Chris that Wal owners and potential new Wal customers owe you a huge debt of thanks for helping bring this about.. So thanks a lot!!

Cheers

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='326178' date='Nov 10 2008, 01:13 PM']Hey Chris

Wow - is that really the LAST set?? I was thinking of getting some for my Pro2e..

Great news about Paul getting to this stage by the way, but i think it needs to be said Chris that Wal owners and potential new Wal customers owe you a huge debt of thanks for helping bring this about.. So thanks a lot!!

Cheers

Nik[/quote]

+2 :)

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Russ' post='426728' date='Mar 5 2009, 10:09 PM']Seems to have been a while since there was any update on the new Wal situation... anyone heard anything?[/quote]

Haven't heard anything specific Russ but there is a holding page up on the internet now:

[url="http://www.walbass.co.uk/"]http://www.walbass.co.uk/[/url]

I think some people here have actually had some dealings with Paul Herman for spare parts etc lately as well....

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='426743' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:28 PM']Haven't heard anything specific Russ but there is a holding page up on the internet now:

[url="http://www.walbass.co.uk/"]http://www.walbass.co.uk/[/url]

I think some people here have actually had some dealings with Paul Herman for spare parts etc lately as well....[/quote]

At least its a start!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='476908' date='May 1 2009, 12:21 PM']I'm off to meet Paul Herman tomorrow with Mike G at the new Wal workshop, so if anyone has any questions they'd like answers to, post them up here and I'll try to find out as much as i can...[/quote]
What can he do for £50 and a crate of Stella? A big crate mind, 24 tins. Foreign silver top stuff too, none of yer UK gold top malarkey.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='johnnylager' post='476913' date='May 1 2009, 12:25 PM']What can he do for £50 and a crate of Stella? A big crate mind, 24 tins. Foreign silver top stuff too, none of yer UK gold top malarkey.[/quote]
Dunno.. but I'll ask! :)

I expect the answer might include the word OFF!

How's things btw - are you still annoying the neighbours with that 1x15 of mine? And is Mr Claber building you one of his at the moment... Saw some posts with one of his cabs recently and it looked really good!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='476921' date='May 1 2009, 12:29 PM']Dunno.. but I'll ask! :)

I expect the answer might include the word OFF!

How's things btw - are you still annoying the neighbours with that 1x15 of mine? And is Mr Claber building you one of his at the moment... Saw some posts with one of his cabs recently and it looked really good![/quote]
:rolleyes: Cushty mush, you? I would think my neighbours can now play that tricky run in the middle of Levitation no trouble and I am indeed awaiting the arrival of a Big One [steady son], so Denton can learn it too.

You around Monday 6.00ish and I can drop the Demetriades back to you? +/- pint of course...

[quote name='johnnylager' post='476935' date='May 1 2009, 12:38 PM']:) Cushty mush, you? I would think my neighbours can now play that tricky run in the middle of Levitation no trouble and I am indeed awaiting the arrival of a Big One [steady son], so Denton can learn it too.

You around Monday 6.00ish and I can drop the Demetriades back to you? +/- pint of course...[/quote]
:rolleyes:

Good to see you educating those in need in your community!

That pint sounds good but Monday I might be in Londinium.. so may have to PM you tomorrow to let you know one way or the other.. It's no problem if not then, as I'm not using it obviously...

How long till the arrival of said Big One?