Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Precision Special - PJ - CAR & Maple
£350

colleya

[font=Arial][size=4]Fender Precision Special PJ - a P body with a J width maple neck. This is a 1998 MIM passive version bought a few years ago from this parish. A lovely bass with a great low action, but GAS struck and it's one in one out at Colley towers so no trades thanks.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]It's CAR with a black pick guard - I also have the original anodised gold one and Gotoh 201 bridge (again, I have the original Fender BBOT if you prefer).[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]I had the pickups upgraded to Wizards by Steve Robinson (Manchester Guitar Tech) a while ago but must have reused or sold the originals. This means that the gold guard doesn't quite fit over the pups in the bass, but the black one in the pics fits fine. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]It's in good condition, a couple of minor headstock dings, one small paint chip on the underside and one slightly bent elephant ear - all present when I bought the bass. I've tried to show them in the pics.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]I'm based in South Manchester and would MUCH prefer meet up to sell. I can travel reasonable distances for petrol or buyer is welcome to arrange own courier.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]Anyway, pics:[/size][/font]

[attachment=190959:2015-02-21 16.17.42.jpg][attachment=190960:2015-02-21 16.17.53.jpg][attachment=190961:2015-02-21 16.18.05.jpg][attachment=190962:2015-02-21 16.18.15.jpg][attachment=190963:2015-02-21 16.18.43.jpg][attachment=190964:2015-02-21 16.19.30.jpg]

Edited by colleya

These basses were only made for about 4 years, pretty much between the California Series and the Highway 1 series.

They reputedly were the first choice of woods in the Mexican factory. There was a long thread about these, think when quatchmaster?? had one up for sale about 5 years ago.

These passive basses are good quality, with that much revered P/J set up and the slimmer jazz neck.
Great basses.
GLWTS

Wasn't me, Karl, but perhaps it came up in conversation because I'd posted that I was looking for Precision basses with Jazz necks. Ironically I just bought a California series this weekend on eBay.

Update: got it back last weekend from being properly set up and checked over by Jon Shuker and it's playing great! The new flats I had it set up with are now just starting to sound broken in. These are great basses, if only I'd managed to find an Olympic white one… Actually, I'm sure it'll look better if I replace the anodised gold guard with a black plastic one, and it'll improve my health (those anodised guards are hell on your fingernails).

Edited by Quatschmacher

Thanks for the comments guys. The neck is indeed super slim - much slimmer than my LimeLight J.

There's been some interest but nothing absolutely concrete yet, and I won't be gutted if it doesn't go for while yet as it is fab.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh man..he who hesitates is lost! :-(

Mulled this over and over, not far from me either. Sounds like somebody made the decision for me :-) Congrats on the sale mate anyway ;-)

• 2 weeks later...