Why become a member? ×

SOLD...Barefaced G1 Compact Now £380 posted (02.05.15)
£700

Paul S

I have just acquired a Barefaced Supercompact which, as it seems to do exactly what it says on the tin, has become my one cab solution and so my much loved and cared for Gen1 Compact and Midget are now surplus.

I am sure I don't need to describe what they do as there has been endless discussion on here about it. Suffice to say each has its own character but together they are greater than their sum.

Both are in excellent condition, always had Roqsolid covers, which are included in the sale. The feet are fine :) Handle on the Midget has started to wear on the rubber bit, so I will also include in the sale the replacement kit I have just bought (but not fitted) - one with each cab. Double Speakons at the back. Black metal grille versions with chrome corners.

I am putting these up at £375 each or £700 the pair, given the condition, covers and handle upgrades. If possible I'd like to shift them as a pair (otherwise they would pine for each other, I am sure).

I'd consider a trade for a Gallien Kruger MB800 Fusion, MB500 Fusion or possibly a TC Electronic RH 750, with any adjustments deemed necessary either way.

I don't have any boxes large enough so for the moment these are collection only from SS7 on the North Thames Delta. Pop round to try them out if you like.

Pics to follow but they look like what they always look like.

Edited by Paul S

Some pictures, just to prove I have actually got them :)

[attachment=190463:bf1.jpg][attachment=190464:bf2.jpg][attachment=190465:bf3.jpg]

I put a white dot on the cover to the front side of the handle opening using tippex in an attempt to put the bloody thing on the right way each time.

And here with my Eden WT300B Traveller head, also for sale [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/260770-eden-wt300b-traveller-amp/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/260770-eden-wt300b-traveller-amp/[/url]

[attachment=190466:bf4.jpg]

Not sure postage will be viable for me, unfortunately. I'll have a look and see how much I can arrange it for but I think it would be expensive. Alex charges £30 per cab for next day delivery but I can't imagine i could get anywhere near that. Happy to meet for fuel costs or deliver within a reasonable distance but I fear York is a bit far.

Midget is on hold. :)

Re postage, I think I can courier the Compact for £30 and, having had a rummage around in the loft, have found enough cardboard to fashion some kind of box for it.

Update to this - the Midget is sold pending the usual.

I now have the amp I am looking for so this is sale only for the Compact with a tiny price cut.

£400 posted or £370 collected.

Thank you kind sir - a gentle bump to remind everyone it is here :)

And a small reduction - £380 posted, £350 collected.

Don't forget, folks, this includes a Roqsolid cover and handle upgrade.

Edited by Paul S

I only had the Eden for the merest blink of an eye. Since I bought the Compact, which I looked up and was 2011, I routinely used it with a TC Electronic Classic 450 and also a Genz Benz Streamliner 600. Either paired with a Midget for gigs on on its own for rehearsals. Never been short of volume.