Why become a member? ×

Stage clix radio system. Poor quality

jonnythenotes

About a year ago I bought a Stage Clix radio system for £399, and It is so unreliable, I won't use it at gigs. The battery/sender unit had to be changed after the first month as it was not holding a charge. The 9 volt mains adaptor will just randomly die, cutting the power to the radio receiver unit which in turn means your bass dies mid song. The small lead between the battery/ sender unit and the bass crackles unbelievably every time you touch it, which is pretty often as it is attached to you. And finally, the storage case fell apart after a few weeks as it is made of the cheapest plastic ever. Trying to get in touch with Stage Clix is impossible as they never respond to calls or messages, so the warranty is completely pointless. It was great when it worked, but I have completely lost faith in it now. All of the above faults can be put right by me, and at my cost, but of the 7 parts that make the device up...including the case, 4 of them have failed. So.....be carefully if you are looking for a radio system, buy some UK made kit. At least if it goes wrong, they might take an interest in replacing or repairing it...

I have had mine for about 18 months and it has performed faultlessly'

you can get a new power supply for £8
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261582256302?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Do you have the little bug that plugs into the bass or one where the transmitter is on the strap. If the latter, get obbm to make you a new lead.I know you shouldnt have to but spend £20 and that should resolve your problems.
FWIW I sold my line 6 because the lead was flimsy.

Hi Bumnote, and thanks for the advice. Mine is the one where you have it on a strap, and the small lead plugs from that to the bass. I will get it fixed, but it is a reall cheezer when Stage Clix take the money off you for inferior kit, and then go missing when you need them. Thanks again....I will let you know how I get on

I have the one that plugs directly into the bass and its pretty bombproof. I recently bought a new powersupply and its my fault so no complaints there. Cables need to be heavy duty to withstand the screaming girls and the abuse after a few pints. Companies let themself down if they dont make stuff robust.

Amen to that brother.....for the sake of a few more quid spent on quality components and attention to detail in the production process, they would be investing in that priceless commodity to a company...recommendations, and return business, something they will never see from me again..

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1428515482' post='2742065']
Man, that's some bad luck.

Is there actually any UK made kit?

Sony dwzb30gb. Thomann. Solid.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/sony_dwz_b30gb_guitar_set.htm
[/quote]

Had this, the sender bit died and they sent me a whole new one free of charge.

Brilliant bit of kit and the after sales was ace.

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1428516136' post='2742078']
Not many can send bass frequencies without clipping the bass off, thats why I never got on with them.
[/quote]

That may have been true of the older analogue systems with the Compounders but it is certainly not true with the new digital systems.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1428544733' post='2742327']

Had this, the sender bit died and they sent me a whole new one free of charge.

Brilliant bit of kit and the after sales was ace.
[/quote]

Wow, that's the first I have heard of anybody having any problems - but good to know the support was there to sort you out!

I have the Stage Clix system that plugs directly into the bass, it has been totally faultless other than some problems with interference when using some active basses which I fixed by building a small link lead that moved the transmitter away from the actives of the bass, sorry the OP has had issues with theirs

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1428516136' post='2742078']
Not many can send bass frequencies without clipping the bass off, thats why I never got on with them.
[/quote]

not true anymore, the digital systems don't have that issue.

I would like to add a different slant to this thread, we gigged the other weekend at a proper little venue, the DJ wanted to stream our set live to the tinterweb thingy, anyway we went on a played a blinder, the DJ came round afterwards and said he had been unable to stream the set because as soon as we went onstage the wifi went down and didn't come back until we had finished..... he asked if anyone had used a digital wireless system.....it turns out I was blocking the wifi for the entire set!!

I have just purchased a new power supply and a new sender to guitar lead....total cost....£21. Also sent a stinker of an e mail to stage clix saying there stuff and service is absolute crap..... Be warned folks, it might look and sound impressive, but it most serpently is not. The next time, I will rig up two plastic cups and a length of string to do the job...