Why become a member? ×

£100! How can they do that?!

skidder652003

Guys. Stop feeding the machine. Buy British, buy used, buy ethical, use your noodle. Just don't throw money at evil crap. Be as ethical as you pretend to be.

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1432668930' post='2783853']
Well I've just ordered 2 BVT4500H heads from Thomann! The amp in my Ampeg BA500 combo (which runs down to 2ohms with a 4ohm extension cab) died on me at a gig a couple of weeks ago. As I plan to use the combo cab (i.e. with the amp section removed) and the extension cab I already have, I needed an amp that could also run down to 2ohms.
Unfortunately, the Ampeg b5r head I then bought off here was killed in transit by myHermes so I had to look for an alternative within my very limited budget, remembered this thread and though - why not?
I now plan to run these 2 heads together by connecting the preamp out on one to the power amp in on the other andThen running one cab off each head.
[/quote]
Blimey, two of the buggers, eh? Should be an interesting setup. Let us know how it pans out.
Cheers
Geoff

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1432938158' post='2786510']

Blimey, two of the buggers, eh? Should be an interesting setup. Let us know how it pans out.
Cheers
Geoff
[/quote]

Well As we speak they're sat in the delivery lorry at parcelforce's local depot so looks like they'll be delivered on Monday in time for my gig on Saturday. I'll get some pics at the gig and then put up a NAD thread.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1433008431' post='2787026']
Well As we speak they're sat in the delivery lorry at parcelforce's local depot so looks like they'll be delivered on Monday in time for my gig on Saturday. I'll get some pics at the gig and then put up a NAD thread.
[/quote]

Did you do an NAD thread? I'd be interested to see how this worked out.