Why become a member? ×

Ampeg 410 HE - Split into 2x10?

Jonesy

Hey Guys,

I've just bought myself an Orange Terror 500 head and am looking around for a second hand cab to pair it with, mostly to be making grungey, heavy rock, type noise with. I've just found this Ampeg 410HE on Gumtree that's been split into 2x210s and was wondering if anyone has ever done/experienced anything similar?

Do you reckon it has any effect on the sound etc? Is there anything specific I should be worried about or look out for?

Hopefully I'll be able to try it out over next weekend, but just wanted to know what you guys thought =)

[url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-bass-amplifiers/ampeg-410-he-4-x-10-split-into-two-2-x-10-bass-cab-speaker-/1107239263"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-bass-amplifiers/ampeg-410-he-4-x-10-split-into-two-2-x-10-bass-cab-speaker-/1107239263[/url]

Thanks in advance!!

Definitely avoid! A surprising amount of preparation is involve in getting the box size right for the speakers so that they sound and resonate the way they should. This has just been chopped into two different sized boxes and is almost guaranteed to sound like crap. expensive craps at that!

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1427822903' post='2734718']
You probably wont notice any deficiencies unless you can crank it up a bit. Most cabs sound ok at front room volume...
[/quote]

Ohhh, don't worry - I'll make sure that I go around during the day so I can crank it without annoying anyone too much and causing a noise complaint!

At the minute I'm weighing up a TecAmp m212 in the for sale section here, or a GK410 RBH on Gumtree........hmm, decisions. I haven't heard either of them yet, but they both have cracking reviews around the net......the TecAmp is half the weight though, which I might grow to like!!!