Why become a member? ×

Best Amp for Barefaced Super compact(s)

LewisK1975

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1428839294' post='2745022']
I had the ABM 500 and got a great tone from it, rolled back on the bass a little it gave me a nice punchy tone. never understood why people seem to slate Ashdowns so much. I'd be inclined to give your amp a chance before changing. The new Evo 4 looks good.
[/quote]

I concur :)

So I used the cabs for the first time on Saturday night, Long narrow room, band set up at one end..

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's certainly the 'clearest' I've ever heard my sound - Also I guess the super compacts will get even better as they break in..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's no joke, you could here everything, even next to my drummer, who is very loud when he needs/wants to be![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The funniest thing was that during passages of certain songs I use a bit of distortion with a flanger on top, I've always done it, but after the gig on Saturday night, the guitar player mentions during the pack down, 'Wow you really took over that section of the song tonight didn't you!'[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Like is said over and over by Barefaced users - Whatever you put in to them, comes out! Loud and clear![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Still undecided if I want to change the amp tho - I'll do a few more gigs with the EVOii first, then see how I feel. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My trouble is, probably like many of us, when I start 'GAS'ing for something - its very rare that I don't buy something.... :rolleyes:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I contacted Marcus at Bass Direct and he's happy for me to bring a super compact and my own bass to the shop and try whatever heads I like with it..lets face it, it's gonna happen, just a matter of 'when' and 'what'![/font][/color]

• 2 years later...

I don't have a Super Compact but I do own a Tecamp Puma 900 and my only advice is don't sell your Puma!! I mean, if you get a Super Compact and somehow your Puma doesn't sound good through it then ok...but I think it'll sound great.

Barefaced cabs are quite power efficient so don't worry about the head being "only 500 watts".

I've got 3 BF cabs (2 x One10s and a SC) that I've been using and liking with my TE AH300 SMC GP7. I also had a TC Electronic BH550 head as a backup for a while but that sounded just a little bit thin. The Genzler Magellan 800 I've just bought sounds very nice at home - I'll report back when I've done a few full rehearsals/gigs.