Why become a member? ×

withdrawn for now

think he made it clear that it is just the neck for sale, and £250 confirms that! what kinda bargain do you think this is :) [edit: that was an answer to a deleted post, not to ray :huh:)

i highly recommend these necks, my stingray's neck transformed my ray into a very special instrument, and i wouldnt change it for the world. those led's are interesting!

Edited by BassManKev

those led's are interesting mate, are they easy to install? just been checking out the website, seems alot cheaper than simms built in led's, and its easily reversible! are they any good?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='265002' date='Aug 18 2008, 10:17 PM']those led's are interesting mate, are they easy to install? just been checking out the website, seems alot cheaper than simms built in led's, and its easily reversible! are they any good?[/quote]
Back on topic, I have some of those LEDs on my Dolphin. They work really well but they do stick up (slightly) more than I would have liked. Can't argue for the money though.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='265002' date='Aug 18 2008, 10:17 PM']those led's are interesting mate, are they easy to install? just been checking out the website, seems alot cheaper than simms built in led's, and its easily reversible! are they any good?[/quote]

MB1. :)
Permanent fix aftermarket l.e.d systems....Martin Sim is the best you can get....IMO ,he now does a full customisation service.Have had work done on basses previously by Martin, great value for money you get a First class job!..... Guaranteed!!..... :huh:

[quote name='MB1' post='265482' date='Aug 19 2008, 01:35 PM']MB1. :)
Permanent fix aftermarket l.e.d systems....Martin Sim is the best you can get....IMO ,he now does a full customisation service.Have had work done on basses previously by Martin, great value for money you get a First class job!..... Guaranteed!!..... :huh:[/quote]
but £300 for a few side led's? just seems a lot of money

interesting question, obviously the led switch and battery is routed into the body (im guessing this work is included in the £300), how is it connected to the led's in the neck ie where does the wire go and would it mean you would have to dismantle it all to take the neck off?

[quote name='MB1' post='265482' date='Aug 19 2008, 01:35 PM']MB1. :)
Permanent fix aftermarket l.e.d systems....Martin Sim is the best you can get....IMO ,he now does a full customisation service.Have had work done on basses previously by Martin, great value for money you get a First class job!..... Guaranteed!!..... :huh:[/quote]
but £300 for a few side led's? just seems a lot of money

interesting question, obviously the led switch and battery is routed into the body (im guessing this work is included in the £300), how is it connected to the led's in the neck ie where does the wire go and would it mean you would have to dismantle it all to take the neck off?

I think the contact is 'made' when the neck sits in the pocket as the contacts are on the heel of the neck and in the pocket itself, so it is easy to remove the neck etc.

When I took Miss ped to Bass Day (kind of me, no?) she saw a bass with LEDs in it and said 'god, what a chavvy bass' which made me laugh. I kind of agree!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='265511' date='Aug 19 2008, 02:04 PM']but £300 for a few side led's? just seems a lot of money

interesting question, obviously the led switch and battery is routed into the body (im guessing this work is included in the £300), how is it connected to the led's in the neck ie where does the wire go and would it mean you would have to dismantle it all to take the neck off?[/quote]

MB1. :)
Routing/switching all included...Sims Leds are all wired in the neck permanently without disturbing the fret board, not stuck on the side with tape(ever tried drilling carbon graphite?) various type led lenses can be fitted and various controllers can be used for the L.E.D.S(thats if you require dancing front leds,i believe a demo of these is available on Utube some guy playing level42 riffs on a Fruit Machine... :huh: ).If you think this is Expensive dont have an Alembic made! :huh:

Edited by MB1