Why become a member? ×

Who is gigging over the Easter weekend?

Happy Jack

Played Friday night in Box in Glasgow, wasn't feeling it before to be honest, but ended up being one of the best gigs we've done in ages.

Vintage Trouble were playing the O2 ABC along the road and a few guys were in after the gig, came up to us after we finished to tell us they enjoyed us as much as the gig they'd just left, was very chuffed at that. 😃

They were even sober as well!! 👍😄

Edited by lou24d53

Charity gig in a wee village hall on Saturday night. Place was rammed and up for a party. I was suffering from a heavy cold, the stage was boiling hot due to the old fashioned spot lighting and I was dehydrated. How I got through it I don't know, the last 2 songs I thought I was gonna faint. Still we entertained and wee Joe our drummer reckoned that was the tightest him and I have been in a long time, go figure! maybe he was being nice LOL

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1428305135' post='2739972']
had I seen this before easter I could have offered The Arches venue in Coventry on good Friday followed by the Marrs bar in Worcester on Saturday but I've only just seen it
[/quote]

Bloody wish you had mate!

I have to say that we were taken by surprise by just how little was going on near Birmingham over the BH weekend. From what we could see, Coventry had a reasonable amount of activity, maybe some in Rugby, but that was about it.

Obviously this may reflect our search pattern, but we're pretty good at this stuff and I don't think we missed some sort of treasure trove.

The highlight was finding a local band playing at the Brasenose Arms in Cropredy, letting the SatNav route us over the country parks and moorlands to get there, talking to the band while they were setting up, and discovering that they were based in Acton (erm ... where my studio is) while their rhythm section came from Brighton.

OK, scratch "local" then. :lol:

Yeh, noticed the load-in. You should have seen the drummer's traps case. A large open wooden box (no lid) which must have weighed 20lbs on its own! Manoeuvring that through the strange double-doorway thing must have been a nightmare.

Edited by Happy Jack