Why become a member? ×

EBS Classic Line 112... Thoughts?

Modman

Hey guys,

I am looking to upgrade my cabs soon as my current ones are far too heavy to carry around all the time. I currently have a 90's trace elliot 2x10 (weighs 35kg!) and an ashdown 1x12 that used to be a combo.

Currently, I have seen the EBS classic line 112 as a good replacement, but very little information exists about their sound etc.

Has anyone had any dealings with them? Good? Bad?

If there are any other suggestions for cabs i'd love to hear them.

Cheers

Jake

I had one and it was an incredibly good cab, very solid and a lovely clean tone to it. If you are doing anything other than small gigs with PA support I would advise getting 2 of them as a compact rig as one alone at high volume will not give you earth shattering low end. I used mine for rehearsing with a 10 piece soul band with no PA support but that only had to fill a studio space. I will say again though, great cabs and well worth the money, and if you add in the EBS Reidmar head I doubt you will need anything else.

I have heard the Hartke 112 cabs are good and of course there is TKS cabs and Aguilar do some lovely 112 cabs ( I run a pair of DB112 cabs and they are fantastic) but they are a good wedge more than the EBS cabs.

Yeah my plan was to run two cabs, i've plenty of boot space just not enough back strength to cart the bloody trace elliot around.
It's good to hear that they will bode well when paired together aswell, I will be running it with the Peavey Tour 700 which has lots of tone shaping and gurth.

The EBS Classic is a budget line... so bare that in mind.
I think they are quite good not sure I like un-attenuated
horns, iirc...

I don't feel they are in the league of Aguilar, Berg or TKS, for example,
but then they aren't priced to be. TKS prices were lower than the other
two but new prices come in in April, I believe.

They are good cabs for the money - and I would rather gig them than the Neo equivalents... They don't fart and splurge! Much more old school sounding than the Proline and Neoline equivalents... but a solid budget cab.

Those Trace cabs are heavy - remember my 4x10 - 41kg. That was some lift back in the day!

Edited by EBS_freak

I like the Classic lines, Neo drivers for me lack something that Ceramic drivers (old school) have. I currently run a Reidmar with 2 Classic line 210s, but I also tried the 112s. Excellent for their price. I owned much more expensive cabs in the past (Aguilar DB and Bergantino NV) and I do not miss them, at all.......

Edited by HazBeen

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a full review of a Reidmar with two 112 CL cabs :
[url="http://www.iguitarmag.com/magazine-editions/guitar-interactive-issue-13/reviews/ebs-reidmar-250-d-class-head-ebs-classic-line-cl112-cabinets/"]http://www.iguitarma...cl112-cabinets/[/url]

Edited by DeepEnd

I have a Reidmar and a Classic 112 and love it to bits. I have tried many many setups and been in a position to have any setup I wanted but the EBS setup is the best I have had so far. Totally love it and plan to get a second Classic 112.

As they say, all down to what you are after at the end of the day.