Why become a member? ×

Calling all Markbass users!!!!!

hitchy64

I have the LM3 a traveller 2x10 and 1x15 cabs and a 4x10 cab, I cannot fault any of them, I use the head as a back up to my Ampeg Pro 7 SVT at the moment as I just like the Ampeg sound but it has all been 100% reliable, it sounds great and is light weight (with the exception of the 4x10 which is still flipping heavy!)

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1424893528' post='2701695']
I have the LM3 a traveller 2x10 and 1x15 cabs and a 4x10 cab, I cannot fault any of them, I use the head as a back up to my Ampeg Pro 7 SVT at the moment as I just like the Ampeg sound but it has all been 100% reliable, it sounds great and is light weight (with the exception of the 4x10 which is still flipping heavy!)
[/quote]

Do you run your markbass cabs with the ampeg?

• 3 weeks later...

I have never understood the 2 x 10 thing personally, nothing beats the sound of two lovely smooth, full sounding 15's!!

I love MB gear - I have used it for years and have never been disappointed. I have been using my CMD151p and NY151 for a while now, and love it, BUT... I've fallen in love with the MultiAmp, so it is now for sale in the Amps and Cabs section http://basschat.co.uk/topic/257980-markbass-cmd151p-and-ny151-extension-cab/

Thanks for all your replies. My trouble with Markbass has been finding a music shop/store who stocks this gear.
So I've been to pmt Birmingham and px my old rig for a TC Electronics 1x15 combo. Up to now I'm pleased with it, but not counting out a MB purchase in the future.
Cheers

[quote name='hitchy64' timestamp='1426619469' post='2719963']
Thanks for all your replies. My trouble with Markbass has been finding a music shop/store who stocks this gear.
So I've been to pmt Birmingham and px my old rig for a TC Electronics 1x15 combo. Up to now I'm pleased with it, but not counting out a MB purchase in the future.
Cheers
[/quote]

I agree, this is very frustrating, and I'd bet MSL (the distributor) would agree too! We had several people at London Bass Guitar Show telling us that they would love to try MB and would buy it, but could not find it anywhere in the shops. They had come to the show specifically hoping they could try out some of the range of combinations available.... However, the same could be applied 5 string basses (which is all I play now). So few music shops seem to stock them, but I would suggest that at least 1/3 of all the instruments at the LBGS were 5 string, though the shops will tell you "ah no, they don't really sell as well as traditional 4 string instruments.... well they certainly won't if you don't stock them you idiot!!

Edited by MoJoKe

I've been using a Little Mark II head for years now and still love it. Never had any issues with it. I've played through the 210 combo and it was great as well. Absolutely loved a Markbass 410 cab I played through in a store one time. Possibly the best tone I've ever heard coming from my own fingers! If I had the money that day it would have come home with me.