Why become a member? ×

EBS NEO 2x10 Bass Cab - SOLD

whynot

EBS Neo 2x10 in excellent condition. Can be used as a stand alone for smaller gigs. It was purchased new 5 months ago and only ever used on one gig. Click the link for all specification.
£400.00 plus £30 postage. Based in South London.

[url="http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/neo210.htm"]EBS NEO 210[/url]

Edited by whynot

[quote name='BassManKev' post='31803' date='Jul 14 2007, 04:12 PM']im curious

why do ebs cabs cost so so much more than normal cabs?[/quote]

Because they're bloody amazing, that's why! This cab, for example, has Neo drivers which make it much lighter than most 2x10s, and it also has an outstanding sensitivity rating, meaning that for a give amp, it will produce more volume than most other cabs. The design of the cab itself also plays a part.

[quote name='therealting' post='31858' date='Jul 14 2007, 06:00 PM']Because they're bloody amazing, that's why! This cab, for example, has Neo drivers which make it much lighter than most 2x10s, and it also has an outstanding sensitivity rating, meaning that for a give amp, it will produce more volume than most other cabs. The design of the cab itself also plays a part.[/quote]

+1 for on that, I have a 2x12 it's very light and sounds fantastic, I'd quite like a 2x10 to go with it but that's being greedy and I need the cash for Stingray 5!

Someone buy it now.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='31803' date='Jul 14 2007, 04:12 PM']im curious

why do ebs cabs cost so so much more than normal cabs?[/quote]
Depends what they are compared to. You could say the same about most high end gear and thats what they are. About the same price as Epi UL's etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have an EBS Neo 2x12 which I got for near enough a steal. Would love to have this as a matching cab but can't justify the purchase of a second one at the moment. Let me know if the cab doesn't sell and you decide to lower the price in future.

Thanks for the interest.
I'll hold out for £400 as it is in such good condition and rarely used to date.
If I get no interest at that I'll probably hold on to it with a view to matching it with another EBS cab at a later time.

[quote name='therealting' post='36302' date='Jul 24 2007, 11:33 AM']I now have an EBS Neo 2x12 which I got for near enough a steal. Would love to have this as a matching cab but can't justify the purchase of a second one at the moment. Let me know if the cab doesn't sell and you decide to lower the price in future.[/quote]

[quote name='therealting' post='36302' date='Jul 24 2007, 11:33 AM']I now have an EBS Neo 2x12 which I got for near enough a steal. Would love to have this as a matching cab but can't justify the purchase of a second one at the moment. Let me know if the cab doesn't sell and you decide to lower the price in future.[/quote]

therealthing did you get a bargain in Luton to? I picked up a Stingray 5 there last week and and couldn't believe I had missed that Mark was also selling a 212 for a great price, I would have snapped it up to go with the one I already have - or is that just being greedy?

[quote name='Rumple' post='36558' date='Jul 24 2007, 08:29 PM']therealthing did you get a bargain in Luton to? I picked up a Stingray 5 there last week and and couldn't believe I had missed that Mark was also selling a 212 for a great price, I would have snapped it up to go with the one I already have - or is that just being greedy?[/quote]

Yup, I bought the 2x12" from Mark, I still can't believe I got it for 300 quid. How do you find it goes with the HA3500? Is the HA3500 happy enough driving the 2x12"?

[quote name='therealting' post='36568' date='Jul 24 2007, 08:42 PM']Yup, I bought the 2x12" from Mark, I still can't believe I got it for 300 quid. How do you find it goes with the HA3500? Is the HA3500 happy enough driving the 2x12"?[/quote]

must have just missed you on Thursday night then.

Brill cab but I think something with a bit more power would drive the 212 better then the HA3500, I'm on the look out for something in the 500watt range, maybe whynot can chip in here as he seems to have all the EBS neo range!

If only I had money left to buy his 210 to go with the 212.

Dave

I have used the 2x12 with a HA3500 in the past. Did a dep where I supplied the cab and the band leader provided the amp. The sound as you would expect with this combination gave a tight low end, very punchy with clarity. There appeared to be power/volumn in reserve and it was a pretty loud gig if I remember.
I used the 2x12 with various other amps and the Edens worked well, WT405 as an example. My Warwick Quad IV (rated at 600w) on the other hand was just a little too much for it.
The 2x12 is quite deceiving. Standing close to the cab may give the impression its not that loud but there is a lot of throw in it. It can fill out a room without you realising.

[quote name='Rumple' post='36571' date='Jul 24 2007, 08:52 PM']must have just missed you on Thursday night then.

Brill cab but I think something with a bit more power would drive the 212 better then the HA3500, I'm on the look out for something in the 500watt range, maybe whynot can chip in here as he seems to have all the EBS neo range!

If only I had money left to buy his 210 to go with the 212.
Dave[/quote]

[quote name='whynot' post='36586' date='Jul 24 2007, 09:53 PM']I have used the 2x12 with a HA3500 in the past. Did a dep where I supplied the cab and the band leader provided the amp. The sound as you would expect with this combination gave a tight low end, very punchy with clarity. There appeared to be power/volumn in reserve and it was a pretty loud gig if I remember.
I used the 2x12 with various other amps and the Edens worked well, WT405 as an example. My Warwick Quad IV (rated at 600w) on the other hand was just a little too much for it.
The 2x12 is quite deceiving. Standing close to the cab may give the impression its not that loud but there is a lot of throw in it. It can fill out a room without you realising.[/quote]

Sorry to take your thread on such a detour, but this is really useful information to me. I have only used the 2x12" twice now:[list]
[*]the first time was with a Laney 165w head at the rehearsal space we were using. The amp was terrible, but the 2x12" actually filled the room better than the stack of cabs they had in the room (a 4x10" and a 1x15"). I was astounded by the efficiency.
[*]the second time was at a showcase on Monday. I used a Behringer ADI-21 preamp pedal into a t.amp TA1040, which I'm guessing puts out 525w per channel into 4 ohms... however the ADI had a very weak output (despite actually sounding pretty good), so it was hard to assess how much power was going into the cab. I ran one channel at full volume, with the ADI also at full volume. It sounded glorious.
[/list]The Quad IV is rated at 400w though, isn't it... was the cab farting out, or were you getting cone over-excursion or something?

Do you feel it works better with a head with a tube preamp or a solid-state preamp?

Edited by therealting

Sorry did I say IV, should have been VI which is the 600w version.
The speakers were not breaking up but when you get use to a cab you know what its capable of and how to push it, and that particular Warwick is a monster.
All the amps I've used with it worked well so Tube or SS is not really an issue.

[quote name='therealting' post='36600' date='Jul 24 2007, 10:28 PM']Sorry to take your thread on such a detour, but this is really useful information to me. I have only used the 2x12" twice now:[list]
[*]the first time was with a Laney 165w head at the rehearsal space we were using. The amp was terrible, but the 2x12" actually filled the room better than the stack of cabs they had in the room (a 4x10" and a 1x15"). I was astounded by the efficiency.
[*]the second time was at a showcase on Monday. I used a Behringer ADI-21 preamp pedal into a t.amp TA1040, which I'm guessing puts out 525w per channel into 4 ohms... however the ADI had a very weak output (despite actually sounding pretty good), so it was hard to assess how much power was going into the cab. I ran one channel at full volume, with the ADI also at full volume. It sounded glorious.
[/list]The Quad IV is rated at 400w though, isn't it... was the cab farting out, or were you getting cone over-excursion or something?

Do you feel it works better with a head with a tube preamp or a solid-state preamp?[/quote]

I can't believe no one has taken this off your hands yet.

I have had a jazz a bass up for sale for a while that hasn't shifted either, I know it's a bit of a long shot but would you consider some sort of trade? a spare bass takes up less room then a spare cab :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2643"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2643[/url]

Regards Dave

[quote name='whynot' post='38502' date='Jul 29 2007, 04:09 PM']Hi Rumple,
Thanks for the offer but I play left handed.
Not a good time selling gear at the moment. I blame holidays plus base rate rises.

jwbassman.... pm replied to.[/quote]

yeah you could be right, I might hold off selling till nearer Christmas, no real rush to shift it.

I'm lefthanded but for some reason play bass righthanded.

Good Luck Dave

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='38511' date='Jul 29 2007, 04:38 PM']Why not bring it to the L&SE bash?[/quote]

I'm South East based so that would have been ideal but I'll be in Florida on the 18th of August. May drop by Bass Central that day so I'll be with you guys in spirit.