Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bolin NS 5 string SOLD
£1150

Johnboy44

SOLD........The result of a collaberation between Ned Steinberger & luthier John Bolin (Steve Miller, ZZ Top, Rolling Stones) these basses are highly regarded,very rare and no longer built.

The humbucker/bridge piezo pickup combination produces natural, almost acoustic tones that will appeal to, amongst others, standup bass players and its just brilliant for fingerstyle playing. The 45 degree bolt-on neck ensures maximum stability and the hinged strap arm ensures optimum balance.

Elegant 3+2 open headstock design optimises string break-angle and tension. All-in-all, a relatively unique and desirable instrument
In great condition with original case....one or two dings,nothing major,lovely bass to play,and sounds amazing....the only reason for the sale,is the fact that I never got used to playing 5 strings,I'm an old school 4 string player.
Any questions,Please contact me

Edited by Johnboy44

These are all kinds of lush. Super light and super comfy. The Piezo is everything you hoped it would be but had never actually heard in the flesh. It sits in VERY well with acoustic instruments in a way that magnetic pick ups just do not quite manage. Obv the magnetic pickup does it's funky magnetic thing in a great way as well. Do I miss mine? Can you tell?

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1422310697' post='2671141']
These are all kinds of lush. Super light and super comfy. The Piezo is everything you hoped it would be but had never actually heard in the flesh. It sits in VERY well with acoustic instruments in a way that magnetic pick ups just do not quite manage. Obv the magnetic pickup does it's funky magnetic thing in a great way as well. Do I miss mine? Can you tell?
[/quote] I know someone in manchester is selling one if that helps

:)

In a perfect world, I would take it. However I would need to sell a couple of instruments to make the £ and sadly the market says no. This will not stop me from working out how to do it as I fall asleep tonight, but I am now old enough to know it will not work. I have also just bought a bass last week so this is not a good time! Sorry to clog up the thread with this non essential chat. These are lovely, lovely instruments and have a sound which I have never found anywhere else.