Why become a member? ×

Gibson Thunderbird Q & A's

thebrig

I forgot to mention it's a tone monster too (my 2009 "modern" bass). You'll need to try one to see how you get on with it. It feels different to any other bass and not everyone can live with that. If you can, you'll feel like a rock god every time you sling it round your neck.

If you can get to Derby (if its not too far?) this Wednesday evening you're welcome to try mine at our rehearsal rooms. Drop me a PM if you're interested. I'm not sure how much longer it will be in my possession as Mark is taking it in part-ex against a Limelight in the very near future.

Edited by DaytonaRik

[quote name='DaytonaRik' timestamp='1422273188' post='2670464']
If you can get to Derby (if its not too far?) this Wednesday evening you're welcome to try mine at our rehearsal rooms. Drop me a PM if you're interested. I'm not sure how much longer it will be in my possession as Mark is taking it in part-ex against a Limelight in the very near future.
[/quote]Thanks for the offer Rik, but I have gone and got myself one, it should arrive tomorrow with a bit of luck.

I will update after a week or so, to let you all know how I get on with it.

My Thunderbird is the bass I regret selling. I don't want to repeat what others have said, but the main thing is they're a lot of fun and you feel great playing them.

If you pick one s/h for a decent price and it's not for you, then move it along. I'm sure you wont lose. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1422299261' post='2670908']
My Thunderbird is the bass I regret selling. I don't want to repeat what others have said, but the main thing is they're a lot of fun and you feel great playing them.

If you pick one s/h for a decent price and it's not for you, then move it along. I'm sure you wont lose. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.
[/quote]Paid £749 for a 2008 model, totally unmarked, as new condition, including the original case, so yes, if I can't get on with it, it might just pop up in the "for sale" section for what I paid for it.

Having said that, I'm not going to pre-judge it, I will give it a good six months or so, rehearsing and gigging with it that's for sure. :)