Why become a member? ×

Gasp!... New Rickenbacker basses!!

Cosmo Valdemar

Triangles beat polka-dots for coolness. How about an active EQ ? I got price quotes of $1500 for this bass and $1800 for the stereo 4003. That seems about right. The 4003 has a pull-pot switch to engage the bass-cut cap on the bridge pickup. Dots are OK.

Edited by grenadilla

[quote name='omikin' timestamp='1421930051' post='2666690']
I think the £3,700 refers to the 12-string guitar at the top of the article. £1,950 is the RRP for these basses by the looks of things.
[/quote]

£1,950 For both basses? That still makes them nearly a grand each! :P

[quote name='Bass Pedal Geek' timestamp='1433272289' post='2789702']
For some reason I have never gotten around to check out the Ricks... J, P, Musicman, G&L and a bunch of modern basses, yes. But no Ricks so far. Probably a mistake, but will try to find a used one if possible :-)
[/quote]Trying one was my mistake ;) http://basschat.co.uk/topic/262136-nbd-firego-content-more-better-pics-added/page__view__findpost__p__2774896

I must admit...as being a lapsed Rick user I find these new 4003S bases are very tempting. Just hope they've managed to get the QC sorted out. Imagine one of these - mapleglo of course - with a toaster and a horseshoe........ :gas:

I'm sure I've read of someone converting one of these into a 4000 replica already. Loved the picks of the picks of the 4000 a few posts ago btw.

Some more soundings from people who've bought or tried one out would be great and very much appreciated...........

I bought a Mapleglo 4003S last week, and promptly sent it straight back.

Had an incredibly dull E string, and a chronic earthing problem. I've had lots of Rics, so am okay with the single coil hum....but this was unplayable, the buzzing was almost louder than the bass' output.

I'm probably going to try one more, and if that fails, stick to my old one! :(