Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

Marcus, if you look further back in the thread (may take it while as it's become a bit of a monster!) you'll find pics of Nick playing his ex-MK Empathy. I think there may be a couple more knocking around as well.

Yes, I like the look of the new bass & I was chatting to Dawn about it the other week when I was rudely cut off by a flat battery on my phone! I'm going to reserve judgement on it until I've played it at the factory in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to do a review with pics if I get a chance... Nick certainly liked it when he dropped into Colchester this week :)

I wish I had some time to go see the 'Forty-Two, but I'm working flat out at the moment. Maybe next year...

Rich.

They're all fine - Apart from my 1990 cocobolo S2 which has been at the factory for about three months. That's why I'm going down, to pick it up :)

Loving the S2 5-er. It's the first 5-string I've had of any kind that's a keeper. The walnut S2-Classic 4 is my main player at the moment & the walnut KingBass doesn't really come out. I'm thinking of selling it, as it's just too boomy for me.

First one to offer me £1600 gets a pristine 2008 KingBass Artist, LOL!

LOL - I must admit I do keep looking at the walnut Mk-II on the Status site, but I am resisting for now!

As for the old S2, Rob's refitting the old 2-band pre, as I wanted the bass all original. It had a U-retro in it when I bought it and it was very flexible but somehow not quite Status. We'll see how it plays when it's restored to original specs & had a setup by the great creator!

[quote]how comes your sellin the kingbass then???

marcus[/quote]

It's not a firm decision yet, but it's not earning it's keep & it's sitting there pristine in it's case like my last KingBass, so perhaps it's time to accept that I'm an S2 player. Sound-wise the KB is far too boomy and sensitive for me, so as I said... First one to offer me £1600 gets an as-new bass :)

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='marcus bell' post='308131' date='Oct 16 2008, 08:29 PM']im not really a big fan of status headless basses, i dont really get on with the asthetics of headless basses...

my favourites are the kingbass mk2

and i like the bass up on the right on this pic...

has anyone got any idea of what it is, and has anyone got any pic of similar ones...

much appreciated

a happy marcus bell, counting down until sunday (level 42 bristol),

x[/quote]

Allo sire!

This here pic is of interest to me, that Series II in the front row tis' mine!!! Shame its a crap pic lighting wise! The Empathy was indeed MKs bass and as Rich notes, a very unusual config for an Empathy (would have been from around 1990 when Rob introduced the `Matrix' headed range); it now belongs to Rob Steen (I think Rob's got it) of Ireland! The bass appears in the Love in a Peaceful World vid (from what I recall!)

My god, the doctor is wrong.......has the world stopped... hell frozen over?

Nick, is this a first? Bass in the LIAPW vid is a twin humbucker Empathy....sorry to be pedantic!

Not sure if Rob Steen has Al's Matrix, Rob Steen bought a maple Empathy (I know, I was after the same bass!), not sure who Al sold his P/J Matrix too but he didn't have it for long as I recall.....Al, if you're reading, help us out!

Mike

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='308262' date='Oct 16 2008, 11:25 PM']My god, the doctor is wrong.......has the world stopped... hell frozen over?

Nick, is this a first? Bass in the LIAPW vid is a twin humbucker Empathy....sorry to be pedantic!

Not sure if Rob Steen has Al's Matrix, Rob Steen bought a maple Empathy (I know, I was after the same bass!), not sure who Al sold his P/J Matrix too but he didn't have it for long as I recall.....Al, if you're reading, help us out!

Mike[/quote]

Just checked the video and yes, its not that bass - coulda sworn it were but no (I'm big enough to admit I may have been a little bit slightly but only just incorrect)! The bass in the video was #002 - as Mike points out, with soapbars (I had the #001 bass of course!) whereas the `Gallery Empathy' featuring the PJ config was #21.

Marcus - I'm going to Cambridge as already noted!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='303183' date='Oct 9 2008, 05:29 PM']Am I the only person who prefers Mk1?[/quote]

MB1. :)
NO!(YOU ARE NOT ALONE)...Saw the mk2 on the latest tour!......Computer says!.......NO! :huh:
OFF WITH THERE HEADS!....MR KING!

Edited by MB1