Why become a member? ×

Zoot lined Fretless 5 Stringer - trade options
£400

Guest BassKS

Hi All

I keep wanting to buy fretless, buying it and selling it straight after.
I have gone through three this year sadly.

This one is the one which I should keep but, sadly, I do not have any use for it currently....
Bought from Happy Jack in August, its a lovely lined ebony fingerboard 35" scale and 7 piece laminate with maple and purpleheart. This one is bolted on to a swamp ash body. Electronics are Aguilar OBP3 18V, Bart jazz on neck and MM 5 on the bridge. It sounds a bloody killer really. Especially on the bridge pickup with delay. There is a large-ish dink near the jack input but that doesnt affect the playing or the sound.
Bought by me from Happy Jack for a fair bit more that 400, but, I guess, I will never learn. This bass would set you back £1300 currently if commissioned with mr Zoot. So, just because its priced like a Warwick rockbass it doesnt mean that its worth that :).

Comes with a more than usable ABS hard case.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g0jio692dlh7kgw/AACs_-qccRr8A0ty9_6PbuGma?dl=0

Trades for some nice 4 string passive jazz pups plus cash.

Edited by BassKS

If you have a look in Happy Jack's original sale thread there are some pics in a link on the first post:-

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/240652-iceni-zoot-chaser-lined-fretless-5-sold/page__p__2513156__hl__zoot%20fretless__fromsearch__1#entry2513156

Guest BassKS

Thank you MoJoKE.

That's the badger. Once again I'm sorry I'm busy with a new job plus the move. 2.5 hour commute each way leaves very little to do after work.
Those pictures are what the bass looks like. I'm in Battersea, London currently and so is the bass.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sigh sigh sigh.
I need to let go of this one.
I'm ready to take viewings.
Pictures available on the original modified post.

Edited by BassKS

Up and up.
It's a great bass not getting played. It's dirt inexpensive but quality.
Trades? Not unless you have TM4 sandy and I'll give you cash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...