Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz? VM with a decal...

itsmedunc

Squier body, SD pups and a neck that certainly looks like a 70's decal applied. Looks like a Vintage Modified with a decal to me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fender-jazz-bass-/111542011285?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19f86c0595

Just got this reply back from the seller -

Hi there, It was bought as is.. He was told its a Squire body with Fender neck.. It definately doesn't look like its had a decal replacement... plus this has Seymour Duncan pickups. Kind Regards, M.

Further dialogue - I pointed out that the VM's I had seen had SD designed pups. That the logo was a 70's patent and so USA and if genuine but the trussrod access on his was at the neck and not the heel like on USA...

Hi, The Squire Vintage Modified Bass' come with Fender designed Single-Coil Jazz Bass pick-ups (Bridge and Middle) and not Seymour Duncans from what I can see online. You may be right about the headstock but I'm not 100% sure.

I thought the early VM Jazzes had Duncan designed pickups on anyway. I've certainly seen a few advertised like that. Re the price, it's about right as it is at present. I just bought one of these in the UK for a mate over here for £151, and it's a minter.

However, the upside of your one is that it's been played by a bloke I've never heard of, from a band I've never heard of and used to record the soundtrack of a film I've never heard of. ;)