Why become a member? ×

Fender Aerodyne - Is black paint expensive in Japan?

Woodinblack

I would really like an aerodyne, its probably one of the few 4 strings that I would consider getting. However, it would have to be a black one.

Looking at dawsons as a representative shop: http://www.dawsons.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?Categories=CategoryPathROOT%2FGuitars%7CBass+Guitars&dir=asc&order=price&product_range=Product+Range%7CJazz+Bass&q=aerodyne

How come every colour of aerodyne bass that fender currently sell retails about £683 except for the black one, which is £838?
ok, some of them have a pickguard on them which I think ruins it a bit, but the red one doesn't, and that appears functionally identical to the black one apart from the colour, but £155 cheaper.

Is there an obvious thing I am missing?

Hope you don't mind the slight thread hijack, but if anyone is looking for a vintage white I have an exceptional one for sale here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/249836-fsft-brand-new-and-upgraded-fender-fsr-jazz-bass-aerodyne-in-vintage-white-mij-l500/page__pid__2617648#entry2617648

These basses are really as good as they look and I'm really sad I'm having to sell mine. I was working on some demos with it today and it makes me even more upset about having to let it go. I'll see if I can upload something I recorded today to my add page. Cheers

Edited by eddiehoffmann