Why become a member? ×

New AC/DC Interview - Malcolm toured Black Ice with dementia

skankdelvar

Fairly extensive [url="http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/nov/27/acdcs-brian-johnson-if-theres-a-bad-parenting-issue-the-us-moral-majority-blames-rocknroll-you-cant-fix-stupid"]Guardian interview with Angus and Brian Robertson[/url] - apparently Malcolm's dementia started [i]before[/i] the Black Ice tour.

He had to relearn his guitar parts, sometimes on a daily basis. :(

I think it's good that they are honest and open about Malcolm's condition. I think stuff like that can help others who are suffering from the same, whether families or individuals who can get a reference point on their own situation. Maybe some good will come from it in giving dementia some exposure and to help the fight against it.

My father in law has dementia and it really does take a lot of learning and patience for a carer. Literally you could have an identical conversation 10 mins apart and it wouldn't be remembered but ask him to sing a Johnny Cash or Marty Robins song and it'll be word perfect.

There must be more effort and resource put into find a cure for this illness.

Edited by Number6