Why become a member? ×

Markbass Littlemark vs F1

lowendgalore

I've had an LMII and 2 F1's (swapped one and regretted it, so bought another)

IMHO the F1 had so much more low frequency punch than the LM. I play in a band with guitard and keyboarder, so I need something to get my message across, despite their best efforts - the F1 just does it for me.

On its own, it sounds very clean, but in a band mix, it really fills those lower frequencies.

I put it through a Barefaced S12T, and it's the only amp to make me realise why I own a Barefaced :-)

I played an LM2 and loved the full warm tone.

I bought an F1 because of the good reviews and hated the clean, I would call sterile, sound. This was through Aguilar GS112 cabs.

Sold the F1 quickly and the LM2 went awhile later to fund my first Bergantino cabs.

I liked the LM2. I wouldn't rule out buying another at some point in the future.

I've had both, sold the LMIII because I found it needed a Sansamp in front of it to really liven up the sound, then I realised the Sansamp was never off, so I went for a different head.

I have an F1 now, but I use digital preamping via Jamup, so the F1's used flat as a power amp, which it does very very well.