Why become a member? ×

Jaydee???JD??

Saw this while perusing to get an idea of jaydee prices ...not seen one before like it....

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Bass-of-JD-Mark-King-Edition-build_W0QQitemZ110276430182QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110276430182&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Bass-of-JD-Ma...86.c0.m14.l1318[/url]

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='254928' date='Aug 4 2008, 11:11 PM']It does have an XLR out which is a Jaydee trademark...[/quote]

So has my Hohner Steinberger copy!

Interesting, unique custom-looking bass - but that ain't no Jaydee, I don't think. Notice how he says "identified as J.D. Mark King Edition" with nothing to support how it was "identified" other than him saying so, right there. You wouldn't think it'd be hard to contact Jaydee through their site & verify whether or not it was anything to do with them.

This sort of thing irritates me, just a tad.

Jon.

Hmmm!

Very strange! Personally speaking, as a massive JD nut (as those of you that know me!) it looks like someone has put something together as a custom instrument and somewhere along the line, someone else may have mentioned that it was a JayDee. Shame there's only one pic - would be nice to have some real closeups of the pickups etc and the rear of the headstock, where one would expect to find John's decals.

Note the Badass (or similar) bridge unit, plus the stringers are fairly widely spaced in the centre of the body - not familiar JD traits!