Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!1985 JAYDEE Mark King+Alu fitted Flightcase-

walplayer

Series 2 (has the funk groove between the neck and front pick up)Cherry red finish,lovely dark walnut facings on front of headstock,i think is an 85 model.
Some damage to finish by jack socket where it looks like a previous owner had an accident with the jack plug in.Consequently it has a square chrome plate around jack socket.
Also the wood pickup cover has worn thru on the bridge pick up by what looks like somebody digging in their thumbnail.
Otherwise this is a lovely bass and it sounds and looks wicked!!!
The Aluminium flightcase is a neat one (doesn't weigh a ton!)
get in touch if interested will get some pics up soon Cheers
Pete

Edited by walplayer

Alo!

Yes, its a Series II Mark King model. The serial number should indicate its build year; if it starts with 05 then its pretty safe to say its an '85 model! I had one from the same era - great basses!

Cheers!

Nick

(if you get time, check out the pic of me on my homepage - complete with a very well known red JD that I used to own!)

Pm replied to MB-1

Nick thanks so much for the info,an '85 it is!

Some more pics here ,unfortunately it came out purple on some :)

Not sure what Price these are going for with a case,so unless someone tells me i'm open to fair offers.

Anyone is welcome to come an view (except timewasters of course :huh:
Thanks
Pete

Edited by walplayer

[quote name='walplayer' post='259192' date='Aug 10 2008, 11:38 AM']Hi. I've weighed the bass and it's just under 10. I made it about 9.7[/quote]

Now that's more like it! Mine were about 14 and 13 respectively....hmmmm.

Edited by 4000

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='walplayer' post='265800' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:08 PM']Still available.Apparently Jaydee will fix up the damage by the jack socket for around £65[/quote]
Presumably that quote didn't involve replacing the front facing and refinishing the entire bass?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='265815' date='Aug 19 2008, 07:26 PM']Presumably that quote didn't involve replacing the front facing and refinishing the entire bass?[/quote]
No i doubt it,just localised tidying up i'd assume at that price .But if you know anywhere that does a complete refin at that price let me know.

Allo!

First you've got a 4 way rotary selector switch with LED indication - you've got an off position, rear pickup only, both p/ups on, front pickup only. The two chrome knobs are notched master volume and passive treble, the mini toggle is the Active EQ on/off switch -which brings the EQ into play; the three abalone-topped black knobs are bass, middle and treble (all centre detented with cut/boost). The XLR does not act as a DI out - its just a more secure method of plugging in!

Thanks Nick. Still available.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='266715' date='Aug 21 2008, 12:04 AM']Allo!

First you've got a 4 way rotary selector switch with LED indication - you've got an off position, rear pickup only, both p/ups on, front pickup only. The two chrome knobs are notched master volume and passive treble, the mini toggle is the Active EQ on/off switch -which brings the EQ into play; the three abalone-topped black knobs are bass, middle and treble (all centre detented with cut/boost). The XLR does not act as a DI out - its just a more secure method of plugging in![/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,due to our resident comedian ,and in my case timewaster, pulling out cos he had no money after all, or something,this is still available for a few days £650 or very near offer.
Cheers
Pete

[quote name='MB1' post='273682' date='Aug 31 2008, 01:37 PM']MB1. :)
HHHHHHHOLD THE BUS! :huh:
(Anyone remember the Banana Splits?..)[/quote]

Edited by walplayer