Why become a member? ×

SOLD :: Status Graphite Vintage P 4-string bass :: SOLD
£825

matski

**** NOW SOLD****

Up for grabs is my Status Vintage P 4-string bass. A great instrument: the big warm sound of a vintage Fender Precision or Telebass but with 21st century construction, graphite neck, and additional 18v active circuitry.

The neck profile is very 'P bass', similar to my old JV '57, Precision width yet flat profile.

This bass is capable of a pretty wide spectrum of sounds, due to the fact that you can run it in either true passive mode for a lovely vintage tone, or flick in the active for a more modern variety of tones. Bass and treble cut/boost are massive with the Status 18v preamp, so you can dial in plenty of earthquake bass and trebly zing too! :)

The bass is in pretty much perfect condition with only very minor surface scratches on the rear of the body. The Status/Hiscox Liteflite hard case is included in the price.

Official specs from Status are as follows:
Book-matched alder facing.
Semi-acoustic alder 2-piece body with F hole.
High gloss black lacquer.
4-string woven graphite P-profile neck.
Dual-action truss rod.
34" scale (864mm) fingerboard.
Phenolic fingerboard with 20 frets.
Front dot markers.
Black/white/black pick guard.
Chrome hardware.
One-piece bridge unit.
19mm string spacing.
1x Status hum-cancelling pickup.
Status 2 band EQ.
Master volume, true passive sound control.
Active/true passive switch.
18 volt power supply.

Will be sorry to see this bass go as it is a pleasure to play and always gets a lot of attention and positive comments on both looks and sound, but I need to cull the herd.... :( Therefore, sale only, no trades I'm afraid.

I'm happy to ship anywhere, and will only ship with a reputable, trackable courier company.

Thanks for looking! :)

[attachment=176054:SVP_front.jpg][attachment=176059:SVP_along.jpg][attachment=176060:SVP_bodyrear.jpg][attachment=176057:SVP_incase3.jpg][attachment=176056:SVP_headrear.jpg]

Edited by matski

That red one was mine for a few years (I got it from ryancowell25 IIRC) and xllddx had it for a year too.

These are absolutely lovely basses, all the advantages of a really good Precision plus huge punch and a neck that never needs adjusting.

Matski, why does it have [i][b]four [/b][/i]controls? I can work out three, but the last one has me stumped.