Why become a member? ×

DeArmond By Guild Starfire Bass & Case sold
£355

ash

This is a DeArmond Starfire reissue from when Fender bought Guild out in the 90s - it's a Korean made bass with US made pickups. The quality is superb certainly up there with the Epiphone Rivoli reissues of the time and contemporary semi acoustics like the Fender Coronado series. The finish is excellent, no dings or construction flaws. Neck is straight with lots of life in the frets, cosmetically there is slight peeling to the chrome on the bridge pickup. It's a short scale bass so very easy to play, it's strung with flats and the action is super low. The bass comes with a very nice rectangular case. I'd prefer pickup on this but happy to negotiate postage within the UK.

Edited by ash

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1415573346' post='2601688']
Just picked up a sunburst one of these today, had a starfire special guitar for years and they're really decent instruments.

Can't wait to rehearse mine tomorrow, and given the dosh I'd pick this one up too.

Great price.
[/quote]

Thanks it's a lovely bass but superfluous to my needs unfortunately.

Overall length of bass is 46" (117cms) nut width 42mm, the neck has a very slim feel along the whole length and I'd say the profile is a shallow D. Hope that helps. It's a very easy to play bass with a very low action and the intonation is spot on thanks to the adjustable bridge - one saddle per string with plenty of adjustment unlike some semi acoustics.