Why become a member? ×

mxr distortion plus...

ahpook

I haven't, but I would strongly suspect that it would need some dry bass mixed in parallel so you don't lose any bottom end when it is kicked in... bit like the MXR M80 I guess!

I have one.

Nice sound, but theres a bit of a volume and bass drop, so a blend would be good.
The other thing i have found with it is that it makes my pick ups microphonic, with everything froma p-bass pick up, to EMGs to even the piezo saddles on my Variax. If your not careful, it wails away.

looking at the schematic its gonna lose a lil bit, change the input cap to a .1uf cap from the 0.01 and it should be all good either that or change the output cap to something a bit larger but that might make it sound a bit more gainy etc.

[quote name='umph' post='253999' date='Aug 3 2008, 11:23 PM']looking at the schematic its gonna lose a lil bit, change the input cap to a .1uf cap from the 0.01 and it should be all good either that or change the output cap to something a bit larger but that might make it sound a bit more gainy etc.[/quote]

my thoughts exactly.