Why become a member? ×

Fender CS bass atrocity on eBay

Noisyjon

It looks like a solid bass on the one pic. The tuners looks aged but the badass bridge doesn't, that's a bit sloppy. Fender ugly like only fenders do ugly, so for a fenderite I'd say a good buy.
Shame the seller put a 0 too many in the price, hoping for a fool click 'buy' by accident?
Better get six upmarket yamahas for that money.

(Edit: skipped the palaver between first post and this, sorry)

Edited by Bolo

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1413014509' post='2574083']
And what exactly is wrong with Cornish Yarg? Hmm? Are you some sort of Yargist? You want to be careful or you'll have the Yargite fundamentalists after you.
[/quote]

And the Peoples Front For Cheshire :ph34r:

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1412889864' post='2573149']
We see that all the time here in the Marketplace forums.

The market will dictate the value of the item and, if the seller wants sell, the price will be reduced until it does.
[/quote]

I've said before, that's a mistake because people know the price will drop so they hang fire on buying something until it does. The proper approach for a seller to take is to start increasing the price, then if someone wants to buy it they'll have to get in quickly before it rises too much.

i am not an expert on fenders but the bass in question does not look such an abomination to me as the thread title suggests?
the modifications were done very well it seems but i agree that the asking price is rather high for such a bass.