Why become a member? ×

SOLD Trace Elliot AH600 GP12SMX - SOLD
£350

mrtcat

FS / FT is my biblically loud Trace Elliot head.

It's a fabulous head in good condition despite being almost 20 yrs old. Everything works as it should including the UV lamp.

Two outputs putting out 300watts each at 4ohms and loads of options for routing effects.

I'm after £300 collected from Northants (nr Silverstone - M1 J15a / M40 J10). I won't post due to weight. You are very welcome to come for a no obligations try. I have lots of cabs or you are welcome to bring you own and you can turn it up as loud as you want. I make a decent cuppa and there's always biscuits in the house.

Trade wise I'm only interested in a Fender Precision with a maple neck. I can put cash your way for the right bass.

Edited by mrtcat

Haha prefer not to do installments but will listen to offers on price.
Yep although it would be plenty loud with one 8ohm cab you'd feel like you weren't getting full bang for buck as it'll comfortably run 4 8ohm cabs lol.

[quote name='Tuco' timestamp='1413221966' post='2576034']
Only just up the road from me. Have a bump. Awesome amps!!!!

Would probably be tempted myself but my (only) cab is 8ohm...

GLWTS
[/quote]

Don't let that put you off,
I've been using one of these heads for years through an 8 ohm Eden 4x10 cab on it's own & trust me it's more than loud enough, I play in a seriously loud function band with a loud drummer, guitarist with a Marshall stack , brass section & keys. I usually have my output up to around 4, anything past that & I'm drowning everyone out with power & tone to spare,
Buy it, at this price you will not get a better amp,

I'm no expert, but I believe some modern power supplies don't 'cut the mustard' when the going gets tough. These TE's (other 'old school' amps are available...) have beefy, inefficient, heavy transformers and such in their traditional psu, which keep on delivering when solicited. That's my opinion; others may not agree.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1413287806' post='2576693']
I'm no expert, but I believe some modern power supplies don't 'cut the mustard' when the going gets tough. These TE's (other 'old school' amps are available...) have beefy, inefficient, heavy transformers and such in their traditional psu, which keep on delivering when solicited. That's my opinion; others may not agree.
[/quote]I agree 100% :)