Why become a member? ×

New Band... is it a keeper or time to walk?

Grangur

Reading the resignation post, I have no doubt you did the right thing.
I don't even understand what the keys was trying to do or say... and if he
wants to play bass.... then they've found their bass player and at least
you are well out of it..

Good key players should be able to find plenty to do without peeing all over
the bass parts....and if they can't then they will have to take direction from the
band...
If this situation had cropped up in rehearsal I'd have said what on earth did he think
he was he doing...
and probably sounded your death warrant within that band... :lol: but you got there
anyway..?? I suspect that e-mail was possibly a prelude to that scenario anyway..??

Thanks for the great support, guys.

The band masquerades under the name Then & Now. They're in Harlow, Essex. The keys is Pete and the guitar is Kev.

After quitting I've also had the adventure of meeting up with a drummer; a balding, toothless, alice-band wearing 70 year old, transsexual called Jackie; but that's another story.

Btw, I have no probs with being on stage with anyone who fits any of the above categories, but all at the same time? Now that's a step too far. :D

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1419290610' post='2638525']
I've also had the adventure of meeting up with a drummer; a balding, toothless, alice-band wearing 70 year old, transsexual called Jackie...
[/quote]

Now THAT'S the kind of band you want to be in. Get few more characters like that involved and the world's your lobster.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1419290753' post='2638530']

Now THAT'S the kind of band you want to be in. Get few more characters like that involved and the world's your lobster.
[/quote]

Hey Mark. You could have a great future in marketing!
If she'd been slightly less bald AND a good drummer I could be telling you about a great venture on the move. I could even be asking you for tips on my choice of skirt length, but no such luck.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1419291515' post='2638545']
Probably more practical if for any reason you need to do a runner... :biggrin:
[/quote]
Thanks for the advice. Its funny but I'd never thought of myself as *that* attractive, but you live and learn.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1419291741' post='2638549']
Thanks for the advice. Its funny but I'd never thought of myself as *that* attractive, but you live and learn.
[/quote]

Actually I was thinking more about having to escape from a mob of baying punters brandishing torches and pitchforks...