Why become a member? ×

NBD, Warwick Stryker :-)

inthedoghouse

[quote name='TolerancEJ' timestamp='1410539305' post='2550585']
That's a beauty! Personally, I am not generally partial to Explorer-shaped basses, but this one Rocks!
[/quote]

Thanks :-) I'm not usually overly keen on anything very pointy but this one just set my GAS alight big time :-) She sounds as good as she looks but I need to grow an extra long left arm now to reach the end of the neck :-)

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1410547337' post='2550710']
Nice acquisition sir. Two PJ pups? How does that sound? Is there a great deal of difference between the two pickups in terms of sounds?
[/quote]
Thanks, FunkyDunky :-)

I haven't had a proper chance to see what she sounds like in a playing situation or at any decent volume yet. My first impression is that this thing is alive with resonance! I'll have a much better idea of how she responds in a band situation at rehearsal next Thursday - can't wait!

These are two sets of P pickups in a 'mirror' position. Passively either pickup gives a very deep resonating 'piano' sound in the lower notes and great singing clarity higher up. With my other Warwicks I tend to blend just a touch of bridge pickup into the neck position for the sound I'm after, so I'll probably end up doing the same with this one. I haven't had a proper play with active settings yet.

Edited by inthedoghouse

[quote name='inthedoghouse' timestamp='1410548548' post='2550737']

Thanks, FunkyDunky :-)

I haven't had a proper chance to see what she sounds like in a playing situation or at any decent volume yet. My first impression is that this thing is alive with resonance! I'll have a much better idea of how she responds in a band situation at rehearsal next Thursday - can't wait!

These are two sets of P pickups in a 'mirror' position. Passively either pickup gives a very deep resonating 'piano' sound in the lower notes and great singing clarity higher up.
[/quote]

I would love to hear this!