Why become a member? ×

1x15+2x10 in the same Cabinent

Wayward-Wanderer

IIRC Peavey did/do a cab with the same speaker config' that is Black Widow loaded... or was it an 18"!

There are loads of threads about mixing your speakers and the effects that it can have, do a quick search. However, at the end of the day it's what you hear and you perceive that matters... unless you give a flying fig about your audience in which case you need to do some reading/experimenting :)

Peavey did two cabs, 1516 with a 15 amd two 8's, and an 1820 - leave you to work that one out. Long time ago mind but they still pop up and I saw a guy using a 1516 with an old MK 4 a few weeks ago.

The Peavey cabs had a crossover and I expect the Ashdown will as well, so the usual issues of mixing drivers wont apply. Trace did a cab with a 1x15 (I think) and 4x10 to go with the AH1000.

All of these are gonna be hard to find. The nearest equivalent are going to be Dr Bass or Alex Clabers cabs with a 15 and 6 inch midrage, or Accugrove if you got loads a money.

Edited by bass_ferret

I really liked that Peavey 1516, one of the rehearsal studio I use from time to time still has one, but it is the haeaviest thing ever, and I don't know if I could live with one if I had to transport it to gigs.

Edited by gilmour

I thought there was a peavey 1516 on here for sale somewhere?

I have a TE 1 x 18" 1 x 10" and tweeter with built in crossover. It sounds very good but it's been broken for ages now because I can't get the speaker out of the cab and lost motivation when the band stopped gigging.