Why become a member? ×

Must be Fate, Gas cured.

kodiakblair

I've had a hankering for a fretless Curbow for a while but also anything Peavey takes my interest.

So couple of weeks back I'm bidding on a Peavey Zodiac and a short scale fretless both on German eBay. I lose out on both and turn to
Basschat where I see a fretless Peavey Foundation had been up for grabs. Yeah I miss that too.

Following week it's Tangewood Canyon II fretless and another Zodiac. I pass on the Zodiac but no-ones bid on the Canyon. 2 seconds to
go I'm outbid again. Back to Basschat, yet another Foundation for sale. Same result.

I'm bearing up well cause the HB 4000 is due. The Tanglewood goes back up due to non-payer, I get it. Then the German fella contacts me
Yup another non-payer. The Zodiac is mines.

I knew to keep away from the decorative Thomann page but weakened yesterday.£35 for the Jazz bass,couldn't pass it up. Play,parts or to
hang on the wall. Happy with any option.

But last night,oh last night at 2315 a 5 string Foundation was ending. £26 then £28, 20 seconds I'm in with £32. It arrives week after next.
Final price was £52. How can a Peavey go for only £52 ? Seller thinks it's because the neck's out slightly, I think it's cause apart from a few
enlightened folk THERE'S NO PEAVEY LOVE.

GAS cured with a bang